More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

HiveOS Crashes and Reboots When Adding GPUS

Hello all, I am a new miner so forgive me for my lack of knowledge. I built a 9 GPU rig and am currently mining on lolminer using HiveOS. I’m running a 3060ti LHR(Hynix) , 3 gigabyte 1080s, 4 ASUS strix 1080s, and one EVGA 1080 FTW. I currently have the rig running stable with the 3060ti(70%,-300CC,850MC,150PL,39-40MHS) and the 3 gigabyte 1080s(70%,100CC,650MC,150PL,32-33.5MHS). However, whenever I try to add any of the other GPUs mentioned above, I get a memory error that crashes all GPUs and lolminer and causes the rig to reboot. Photo of the error message attached. I’ve tested all hardware and connections, and lowered overclocks as low as -200CC,100MC and still get the same error. Anyone have any insight as to what the issue could be? Again, very new to mining so if there’s any info missing please let me know! Thank you in advance

I found a solution after hours of digging through posts. I booted the rig with no flight sheet, deleted all over clock settings, applied the flight sheet, rebooted, then reapplied my overclocks. Also had to add a -20 value into ethpill delay. For the first time my rig is running stable at full hash rate with all 9 GPUs.

Every time you add more cards, you should start in maintenance mode. The cards are not loaded in a specific order so if you have overclocks enabled they will be applied to the wrong card.

Regards.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.