More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Hive goes offline anytime I restart the miner

I have a strange problem with one of my rigs. It’s got 6 A4000’s and anytime I switch miners or sometimes even just restarting the miner it will go offline with no error. I have a smart plug connected so I can monitor the power and also remotely restart it. It definitely stops mining since the power draw goes down afterwards.

Also, selecting restart from Hive which does a shutdown and restart in 30 seconds doesn’t work. It will restart, but won’t ever connect again until I actually power cycle it with the smart plug. Just turning it off isn’t enough apparently. Really annoying problem I’ve been dealing with for a while now. It’s the same motherboard I’m using on other rigs too so not sure what it could be.

Seems like I may need to use a new storage device. Right now it’s booting off a flash drive, but so are all my other rigs.

Try swapping drives between rigs and see if the issue follows the rig or the drive. Narrow down the variables

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.