More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

High system load when power is limited

I am trying to mine lyra2v2 with 1050ti but I have to limit power to 71W otherwise temperature goes above 70C at 78% fan but due to this system load is high. System load (1, 5, 15 min): 7 7.46 7.57

How can I reduce system load for lyra2v2.

OC : CORE 130 MEM 400 FAN 78 PL 71

intensity is default 20, miner is nanshi.
1050ti

14 Mh/s

[quote=“gameboy366;1260”]I am trying to mine lyra2v2 with 1050ti but I have to limit power to 71W otherwise temperature goes above 70C at 78% fan but due to this system load is high. System load (1, 5, 15 min): 7 7.46 7.57

How can I reduce system load for lyra2v2.

OC : CORE 130 MEM 400 FAN 78 PL 71

intensity is default 20, miner is nanshi.
1050ti
[/quote]

Your question it’s on your answer.
You have too high intensity for your cards and system. Reduce it to lower values

No it’s not that. I reduced it to 18 but still system load is 9. If I remove power limit, it comes below 1 but then temperature goes above 70C.

• if your system load goes to the sky you need to at least need to reboot rig because drivers unstable in this case
  • reduce overclock settings which also can causing high system loadif your system load goes to the sky you at least need to reboot rig because drivers unstable
  • check power, risers, connectors, etc …

reported the same behaviour with ccminer. The moment i put ANY power limits in the system load skyrocketed and reduced hashing performance. This has to be a deeper issue, please investigate. Its easily reproducible

its not a hardware issue, swapped to windows and used ccminer an it was fine…

Experiencing the same issue across many Nvidia rigs.