More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

High pitch sound after overclock rx470 4gb

I’m using 5 rx 470 4gb cards on 3 different mobo’s in the pcie x16 with zombie mode. Everytime i overclock any of them on any mobo immediatly a high pitch sound starts the oc card.
I only set core 1100 and mem 2000.

I also get when i plugin 2 cards on mobo lower hashrate on the second card, see picture.

What am i doing wrong…?

1 Like

Do you solved your problem?, I can’t get past stable 20MH/s on my rx 470 ;/
On Pcie x16 and lolminer i shoul have still 25-26 i think…

Yeah, turns out that mobo didnt have enough lanes i think so thats why the second card get less hashrate.

The high pitch started when i only overclocked 1 card… as soon as i set fan or any other setting on the second the high pitch was gone.

Anyway, your memery clock is too low, try these settings:

Im very new to mining thing, just trying to figure it out…i know how to change REF, but when i do i dont see that it is changed like on your picture above - only see fan/core/dpm/vdd/mem not ref

I understand i had the same ^^. Vdd is core voltage, if its unstable change this amount to 850, maybe better to try at 850 first. Au is aggresive underclocking, switch that one on.

so, to make REF works I should put Au on, right?

Ref value is under aggressive underundervolting, totally down

welll with this settings but with VDD on 850 card does not mine, and power draw is 30w instead of 90w i had

That means its not mining on these settings, try to lower core to 1100

Or set the vdd to 900, its always tweaking a bit for each card. Not 2 cards are the same you know

so as far as i understand i can mess around with those settings, but what not to do? ( what are the amounts not to cross ) just afraid i’ll damage the card with settings i dont know much about

with fan 50 / core 1150 / dpm 2 / vdd 900 / mem 2050 / ref 20 it started to mine 24 - thats ok, im satisfied with that but now miner does not see my 1660 ti cards

For rx470 i noticed on my cards that over 2150 mem doesnt work, core voltage is should stay between 800 and 950, higher is possible but it would eat to much power if you ask me., i guess till 1000 shouldnt be a problem. Core clock i had 1200 but none of the cards worked on it so i would keep it under 1200.

The memory voltages and stuff im still figuring out… thats where it could get messy…for the settings i put nothing can really break just keep the vdd under 1000.

Also if you havent done it, try to flash your bios, its really easy: https://youtu.be/sv3YOnnx8mI
That could gain you like 5mh

Which motherboard you’re using? I have h110 pro btc+ and when i put card in the pcie x16 slot directly on mobo and put 2 risers in the x1 slots with rx470 cards it also didnt work… i think its a lane thing. Thats why i use 3 motherboards as long as its profitable to mine on the pcie x16 slots.

Bit of a mess but for now it works till its not profitable any more in this setup.

Well. i have non mining micro ATX motherboard so it may be the problem… right now i managed to get 22,3 MH/s but every time i change DPM and VDD it messes with my other cards, i think i’ll stick to setup that i have - fan 50 / core 1150 / mem 2050 - everything else by default.
Thanks for the reply, 3MH/s more its still a good deal on this card :smiley:

I had the same high pitch problem with my RX 480. I solved it (by accident…for now) by going into Auto fan settings and turning on Auto Fan and hit apply. The high pitch went away. Hopefully this will work and the high pitch will not return.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.