More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

HELP! Issues moving to HiveOS from Windows

Been trouble shooting since yesterday! So to start I am switching my rig from Windows running fine without issues, to HiveOS with issues where GPU0 shows up and works, but GPU 1, 2,3 and 4 all say missing unit.

Everything runs fine in windows on all 5 cards but when I switch to HiveOS it will only detect GPU0 slot. I have tried all 5 cards in slot GPU0 and each card works without issue. I can even send OC from Hiveos and all 5 and will take it in any GPU slot. HiveOS just continues to say missing unit.

Steps taken:
4G decoding on Mobo was enabled.
Tried PCIE GEN 1, 2 and 3, along with Auto.
Tested each GPU in slot 0 test working fine.
Reinstalled HiveOS on SSD.

I feel as if I am missing something either super basic or super convoluted for no reason lol. Drivers are all 20.4 for the 6600xt and on hive 0.6-213

When in GPU0 states RX 6600 XT 8176MB (113-EXT800289) followed by temp / fan speed / and W

One thing I recognize when GPUs are in PCIE slot 1-4 hive does not post the memory of the card and says Radeon RX 6600 XT (113-EXT800289).

Reading through logs:
Error: Can not match card ID for GPU 06:00.0 / 09:00.0 ect (GPU1 - GPU4-)

Can you post a screenshot from your worker overview tab?

Working on two cards atm have the other 3 out.

Are you on the latest bios?

Edit: just looked and you’re 3 versions behind. Start there.

1 Like

Mobo Bios?

Yes, best thing when troubleshooting is to make sure everything is up to date first

1 Like

updated bios to 1.30 and is seeing card two now. Throwing other 3 in and will update! Thanks!

1 Like

All 5 up and running!

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.