More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Help adding 3rd GPU to rig, gpu not showing up

Hello. I added a 3rd gpu to my rig today, and now two of my gpu’s aren’t showing up in hiveos. They are both on, fans running, but they don’t seem to be detected by motherboard. I’m assuming it’s a BIOS issue, but I’m not sure were to start!

Motherboard: MSI Z590-A PRO ProSeries Motherboard

GPU’s are all connected using risers (pcie power) to a 1x4 splitter. It was running fine with two gpu’s, but now I can’t seem to get it back to just two running either. I’m not sure what I’ve done wrong. Any help would be much appreciated!

EDIT: If the gpu’s matter, I’m running two 3060’s and one 3060ti. Added the 3060ti today (or trying to). I’ve been running nbminer.

Put the new card into one of the slots that the cards are running and take out the other 2 run it on its own and see if it gets picked up.

also have you tried to sSh into it to see what the miner is doing? does it see the cards? run the nvidia-info command to see what is happening and also run logs to assist with your troubleshooting. I am not real experts … .but process of elimination, can take lots of time. Another thing… are you running Watch dog? if so, turn it off until you work out what is going on. Watch dog can do some crazy stuff if it is expecting a value and does not get it.

Had issue - know cards all good but will show up as red square
Lits of people have issue little answers
This works - disable 4g encoding in buis - yes disable it - everywhere talks of enable it yet when i disable all my gpu show and mine!!

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.