More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Help a new guy out

Im new to HiveOS and kinda working my way through it. Ive got 8 rx470 cards I put in a rig and all are working and minding BUT they run really hot. These are the dedicated mining cards with no video output and huge aluminum blocks on them. There are aftermarket fan coolers on them. Anyway, I took one apart and replaced all of the thermal pads with 1mm and replaced the paste. No biggie. There are only two screws that hold on the cooler and then the fan plug. There are 6 screws that hold on the block and it separates from the card itself. But after replacing the pads and paste, this one card is detected but will not mine and looks like the memory isnt being detected by HiveOS. What happened? I cant see what I did wrong to cause this but now Im scared to touch the rest of the cards…LOL!
1|617x500

What is the Hive Shell information and miner screen showing you?

Head to Hive Shell:

• input “amd-info” to see what the OS sees about your GPU.
  • input “miner” to see what Team Red Miner is sees

Did you enter the amd-info command at Hive Shell
Showing like it is now, is typically riser, cable, or power issue, but you are dealing with frequently modified BIOS GPUs…that could be an issue as well.

cards are on a riser-less mobo. I can swap it to other PCIE slots or use different PCIE cables and get the same result. Obviously those PCIE slots and cables work with other cards. They are BIOD modded because they will get 55-60mh on Ergo but this card worked before I took it apart to replace the pads and paste. Any idea what could have happened to it? Really hoping it isnt dead. :frowning:

I have had to repaste more than one after a job myself.

If you eliminate all the physical slot, cable, power, stuff and (1) does not work:

• Repaste
  • Save the BIOS from a working GPU and prep for reflashing.

Wish you luck!

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.