More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Having troubles getting my 3rd Rig running. Need some help as still learning HiveOS

Hi Hive community,

Ive been using HIveOS for several weeks now with 2 rigs and 1 laptop (switched from windows 10) and I havent had any problems at all. Now, Ive just finnished my 3rd rig and its not running right like the other rigs.

Specs of the new (3rd) rig:
7x 3060 ti LHR ( MSI, EVGA, Galax)
1x 3070 ti ( Asus rog strix)
Biostar tb360 btc pro 2.0 version 6x
Intel i5 9400 with igpu
8GB 2400 mhz ram non ecc kingston
1tb samsung evo ( flashed with etcher latest image) disk was fully cleaned before etcher
1x AX1600i PSU
1x HX1200 PSU

My problems are that

1. The load average is climbing till it eventually reboots around 25-30 LA.
    Ive tried switching from usb to SSD. Tried switching off resizable bar. On the mobo i have pcie link at gen 2, 4G decoding enabled, csm support disabled.

2. ( may be related) having either the hashrate or temps not showing up in hive os web page.

3. One of the 3060ti (MSI) has hash of only 8 MH/s while others are around 35 MHS. sometimes the 3070ti has low hashrate too.

After my reseach I think it could be the load average which im still trying to understand.

Also, my OC for the all 3060tis are PL 130, Core clock -500 and mem oc 2000 fans at 80%. Tried using both Gminer and T rex miner, mining ether on ethermine.

temps are around 43-45C on processors.

Have no idea why this rig is not working like the others :thinking:

Thanks for the help!

your memory overclock is too high and crashing the driver, reduce that and reboot. this is most likely your whole issue.

also, dont use negative core offsets on 3000 series cards, switch to locked core clocks instead. any value over 500 is treated as a locked value instead of offset, lhr like more core than non, start around 1500mhz and fine tune from there.

1 Like

Okay, I installed/updated the driver and it fixed everything. Now I just need to tune it… im doing core clock 1500mhz and my hynix mem at 1500 ( as its crashing above that) the PL is 150 but gpus aren’t going above 130 ish. Now using NB miner as the 70% unlocking feature.

My question is whats a great temp range for the processor so you know its cool and keeping the vram cool for 24/7 mining? Its almost summer now (southern hemisphere).

Thanks for your help!

I get 44MHS out of my LHR 3060TI cards (All Samsung Chipsets though) Settings are
80 FAN

-502 CL

2100 MC

130 PL
NVidia Drives are 470.82

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Below 65 is generally fine. 50-60 is great.

Locked core clock will bring some stability, and possibly drop a few watts while getting another mh or 2.

just got mine tuned…

@Westy How’d I get all hynix mem? How would I get some samsung mem if i were to buy some more 3060tis?? do certain models or brands use samsung over micron/hynix?
also what about your fan its at 100? it wear out fast no?

@keaton_hiveon Do you know what temp the vram would be at 50C? (exact number). After reading many threads it seems both GDDR6 and X like under 80c for 24/7 mining

BTW the rig is running pretty good, just needs to be tuned. Thanks for the help,

Silvagi.

not sure … fans … keep[s em cooler.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.