Parameter of the card is 60w. I set it on 70w but it still pulls 100w. Why is this?
It’s BIOS issue: PL locked. You need reflash with new bios. You can try find new one on techpowerup.com
If it’s a Palit Dual, you’ll need a newer bios. Follow this guide:
- run this command: nvidia-smi --query-gpu=gpu_name,vbios_version,pci.device_id,pci.sub_device_id --format=csv
- note the device ID (ABCD1234) and subdevice ID (EFGH5678)
- reverse them by 4: 1234-ABCD-5678-EFGH
- edit this link with the correct ID at the end: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=Uploads&did=1234-ABCD-5678-EFGH
- download the newest bios and flash it
Thank you for the informative reply. Never knew nvidia have these problems.
thank you sir.
Hello, I flashed latest bios but PL still locked. Any other reason? It’s a palit 1060 6gb super jetstream and palit dual 1060 6gb.