More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

GPU Has Fallen Off The Bus RTX 3080 LHR

Here is what I did and what is happening. I was running an EVGA rtx 3080 ti mining RVN and XMR with the ryzen 7 5800x cpu. I bought an EVGA rtx 3080 LHR, installed it and Hiveos wouldn’t recognize it. Nvidia drivers said they were updated to the most recent but I found a page on here that said to update to 510.39 or some variation of that. I did that and then Hiveos recognized the new card and I could start mining. Mined with both cards and the cpu all night. Then the next day the rtx 3080 ti stopped mining and said error. I reboot the system, it starts mining again for a couple hours then the same thing. Reboot again, mines for 20 minutes and happens again. It just keeps happening over and over. I checked the connections, swapped the riser with a new one, nothing seems to fix it. I then saw there was a newer version of the driver and updated to that (510.47.03) thinking this would fix the issue. No luck. I looked at the system log on the rig and saw “GPU has fallen off the bus” along with other information which is in the picture. Temps all seem to be fine. I’ve changed the power limits around and got rid of them altogether and still doesn’t change anything. I tried mining ETH instead, same issue. Tried NBminer instead of T-rex and same issue. Do I need to reflash Hiveos? I’m kind of lost here so any info would be great to fix this so I can get both cards running. Ryzen 7 5800x cpu, Asus rog b550-f wifi motherboard, 16gb (2x8gb) Crucial 3200 ballistix ram, 256gb ssd, parallel miner HP 1200 watt psu.

What clocks are you running? Have you tried swapping risers/cables?

no clocks. I finally got it figured out. Changed the Pcie16-2 slot to 1x instead of the default 4x. Been up and mining no problems since then.

Default clocks are good for gaming, terrible for mining.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.