More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Gpu detected dead / now not detected post reboot

Hi there,
Hoping for some help here.

I’ve recently (as of 3 weeks) setup a new 12 Gpu rig - fortunately until today, all has gone well.
Literally out of nowhere, my xfx 6700xt crashed and I can see a log of a reboot. On the first reboot, I stopped all miners and reverted the affected Gpu to stock OC settings. I then rebooted again, suddenly only 11 gpus are detected and the affected card seems to have vanished.

I then updated the hiveos version, tested - same
Problem.
I reverted back again - same problem.

I’ve removed the affected card, then changed the settings in hiveos to 11 gpus - booted then shut down. Then changed back to 12 gpus for a fresh added card. - same problem.

Unfortunately, this particular card is too big to test individually in my pc. (Small itx case)

Is there anything else I can do before I potentially return this card?
I’m running a octominer x12 ultra which is a riserless case with 12 motherboard pci-e slots- I’ve swapped the affected card pci-e slot with a confirmed working card and tested, everything worked fine so it can’t be a faulty slot. This also confirms that the power pins are functional.

Additionally, I’ve been using TRM - would changing algos fix this? Seems like a stupid question, but I’m super stuck!

Many thanks.

If you unplug all the other cards and run that one trouble card can you get any display output from it?

Thanks mate

Since posting, I took the card to a friends place and tested. It’s completely dead.

I guess that explains things.

Such is life, welcome to 2022 :slight_smile:

Should be able to rma it at least, 6700 hasn’t been out for even a year yet.

Yeah, I’m hoping. I sent the computer shop an email this morning to query their returns process.
What’s interesting is that they’re already asking me about whether the card was used for mining given I purchased two other cards at the same time.

Obviously I’ll deny that as I don’t want to give them reason. Either way, I haven’t altered bios and the oc settings were very conservative at 1125 core / 725 core voltage / 750 mem voltage / 1050 hiveos mem speed

And yet it still crashed and failed :joy:

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.