More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

GPU crash when I turn on the lights in the room

My mining rig is in my bedroom, whenever I turn on the lights in that room I hear the fans go supersonic. The miner (MiniZ) tells me that the GPU crashed, and I have to do a complete reboot for the rig to work again. Any ideas as of why this is happening and maybe how to prevent it?

I am using 2 power supplies in the rig, one ATX for the mobo and a server power supply for the GPUs and risers. Both PSUs are connected to the same double outlet in the wall.

Server PSU: HP 1200W PSU
GPU: RTX 3060Ti LHR

Sounds like something is messed up with your wiring/power. 110 or 220v? Can you run the card off the atx psu?

According to the internet Norway uses 230v. The ATX psu doesn´t have enough wattage for the card I am using.

Id have an electrician look at your light/switch wiring. Maybe it’s cutting off a leg and making it go from 220 to 110? Or the other way around. Gotta test it and see.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.