More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Gigabyte 3080 low hashrate

Hi everyone, so i have a gigabyte 3080 which is having a very low hashrate, i would love to hear any suggestions.

maybe try lowering the memory overclock

1 Like

looks like a thermal throttle. Have you looked into changing your thermal pads?

1 Like

First lock the core to 1200, then watch the core speed in the miner output.
If it drops below 1200 then the card is being thermal throttled by the memory o/c so lower it.
Some 3080’s I have won’t even hold at stock clocks while mining and need a thermal pad change, until then running them at -200 stops them thermal throttling.

1 Like

changing your thermal pads to 12w\kn 1mm and 2mm and backpate 3mm spent 25$ on the card

otherwise ur card dies in a year you want to die ur card now it sold 2500$

1 Like

I totally agree with you! I had the same issue with that bloody card which I call Gigaburger since the pads are so crappy they emit a kind of oil from the pads itself. Gigaburger basically cut the cost on the pads so you have to replace that crap pad with more expensive high quality pad.

1. Buy 1mm 2mm and 3mm with 12 w/k. You can also buy 8 w/k from Grizzly Minus 8
  2. your backplate has no connection to the Vrams so you need to add in the first line 3mm between the backside of the Vrams and the backplate
  3. You have open the front as well and remove all the crap pads from the card. Then please clean all the oil from the Vrams and surface of the pcb.
  4. Replace it and be careful while opening the front as there are some small cables which are very small and fragil

I WOULD ALSO RECOMMAND TO SEARCH FOR YOUTUBE VIDEOS IM ORDER TO UNDERSTAND PROCEDURE

I hope can help
Bye

1 Like

Hi there
I’ve been struggling with my gigabyte rtx 3080 for along time. Ive changed the thermal pad, im okay with my hashrate but the temperature is high!
Any one has a suggestion? I cant see my memory temp in hive os.

And this is my setting. Ive changed it fue to people recommendations but nothing lowered the temperature.

I really don’t know what to do.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.