More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Flash hiveos on a usb 32 gb with balenaetcher

I was following a tutorial on youtube, so i did as i was told downloading hiveos latest version image from hiveos.farm flash it with balenaetcher. Then hiveos was saying gpu driver error, no temp so i followed another tutorial to install amd drivers with cryptoluigi/amd_drivers (you can find on github). The result is that now mounting these usb on linux i have one that seems to be read only and the otherone is recognized as a “SMI usb memory bar”, while on windows these are not even readable at all. now i don’t know how to restore these 2 usb nor how to start my mining pc. formatting these 2 usbs failed so far. any help ? thanks in advance.

I would save myself the headache and buy a cheap ssd.

Gpu driver error no temp is typically caused from poor/too aggressive overclocks. Not actually a driver issue itself.

Usb drives can be hit or miss depending on quality and read/write cycles. If they’re not showing up at all you’re probably better off getting a cheap ssd instead, that will last much longer.

well i didn’t even set anything on that (no flight sheet or OC or wallet) so i thought in the worst case i will just uninstall the driver. bad decision, anyway the usb was brand new so since there was 2 brand new usb and both have failed i guess it’s unlikely it is their fault. anyway tonight i try with the third usb, tommorrow i should receis the ssd and hopefully it will be fine.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.