More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

EVGA RTX 3090 XC3 power limit and low hashrate only in hiveOs

Hi.
I’m using this settings, but event same models are different.

if you set 360w that does not mean that your card will consume 360w, that mean the limit of consumption is 360w, but it will consume at least for sure less power, but for this specific model you have to put this limit higher in order to free the max hashrate of this card.

you re welcome :slight_smile:

Agree

By the way, I am thinking whether it is reasonable to push higher power to the card attempting squeezing more hash… Power cost money, hash gives money =)
So, it may be not that reasonable at some point to give +30-50W more power getting only 1-1.5MH rate gain on top of 300W power hash.

What do you think ?

true.
but don’t worry your card will do the job for you :slight_smile: once you feed it enought

There’s nothing between the -200 and 2200.

I don’t see the reason why 330W is a lot?

Hello,
It depends, but none of my 4 cards consume that much giving 120-121MH. It stays below 310W.
At the same time I would like to admit that EVGA 3090 requires more and more power when it gets hot to keep 121MH.
Let’s say when it is 45-50C, it consumes around 300-305W with settings like:

• 1125 CORE
  • 2300 MEM
  • 60% FAN
    giving 121MH

Getting hotter it drops MH due to “power throttle” if not to rise power a little,
so at 55-58C it consumes 318W to give the same 121MH.

That is why I am thinking that 330W is a lot, because it drains profit.

Maybe I am missing something, please share the ideas ?

Hi, Guys!
I got the same problem. XC3 with HiveOS is so weird. You did not set the power limit on hiveOs, it would be stuck at around 280w. But you can set any above 320w(it is depend on cclock) , it would be working normally.

You can check my pic.

3090 is xc3 hybrid; core 1200, mem 2950, You should set the PL! This card working great! Give me 126Mh/s

Which miner are you using?

T-rex 0.24.7
Good luck!

1 Like

Hi,
Why have you decided to go with 3080ti ?
Looks like it consumes same Power but gives you less hash.

True, I remember, it cost around 30% less, though =)
But the hash…

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.