More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 LHR Overclock Help Needed

Try core 1155 fan 100 PL 235 LHR 74. If you are instantly tripping LHR on that I would suspect psu/cable issue. Try swapping cables and even psu if able or just swapping intakes at the psu. If getting 70+ mhs early on and then problem begins some minutes later I would agree with first reply you are throttling. Hive does not show vram temps on nvidia only core and core can be 42 and vram 100. Performance of gddr6x degrades post 96c even if you not throttling.

I have EVGA black series 10gb gets 76mhs with those settings LHR 74.8 with mclk 3500. Recommended driver for LHR is 470 series for trex.

Tried different drivers? The cards are recent indeed maybe the old drivers ran by default are the issue

I am not completely sure if you mention that to my awareness if you’re 3080s are 12gig models miners aren’t really supporting these cars fully yet so if this is the case I would not be anxoius.
Have to say though that I owe some 3080s lhr and I have been using them for a month now I’m using a +2800 over clock on the memory and a 1300 absolute on the core with the power limit set at 240w With those I’m getting around 76 to 75 mh/s really stable on gminer

The 3080 12GB are known to not be supported yet:

I would be anxious though, not much time left to mine ETH :slight_smile:

Sorry for the late reply. Been very busy with work and adding more cards to the rig. It is the 12gb model! I should have mentioned that. I tried just about every overclock imaginable. One of them was able to get lhr to 100 after about 10 hours of running, but even at that, it was only at about 62 MH. So what I did is removed the lhr unlock altogether. It runs consistently at about 63.39 MH which I can handle for now until they figure out how to unlock it more. My 3080 ti’s are running around 87-91 MH which is nice. I recently picked up some 3070 ti’s and got those up to about 59-61 MH at about 180 watts. So as of right now, my 3080 is a big waste of money. I will attach a screenshot of all my cards on my rig now with the overclocks. Please let me know if I can safely squeeze some more out of any of them!

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.