More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

EVGA 3060 Ti XC LHR worst hynix mems around?

Seems to be the same Bios version as mine

Great news then! Don’t think I’ll ever try +4000 but It’d be insane to even get +3000, that’s already super good for samsung mems… currently stable at 2200, will ensure stability before going up as this is already a big jump from 1500 x)

Upping core clock brings more MH/s but reduces the kh/w, so I’m keeping it at 1410 for the time being. I’ve tried all the way up to 1550 and the MH/s can get close to 47 indeed, but not worth for the watts (close to 130-140w for the 47MH/s). Kinda stable at 44.5-45.5 with mems @ +2200.

PS: that finnish guy you linked is really funny. Have watched him before. I also tried that “amazing new boost in performance” from the latest gminer but gained absolutely no boost, still mines slower than t-rex, lhr-tune value can’t go as high (74.6 on t-rex, 73.8 on gminer) cause it defaults to max intensity which ends up at lower kh/w for the same speeds or lower and higher fee…

Getting there… I’ve found meanwhile people doing +3600 on hynix mems, so your +2000 windows numbers aren’t that far off, the question is: is it stable @cmarcum? Did you manage to run those +2000 for a few days already?

2600 was stable. going for 2800 now and tomorrow 3000 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did only 4h each instead of 24h.

+3800 seems stable… playing around with core clocks now to see the limits.

efficiency is much worse with core like this I’m just playing with it out of curiosity. Can probably reach 50 MH/s with a slightly higher core but not worth for the extra watts. Still amazing to see a shitty LHR getting to 50MH/s :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update: Yes been running with my mem clocks at 2000 on windows for couple weeks now and stable without any problems. Never crashed yet…

I must have been super lucky in the silicone lottery. My Hynix memory 3060ti XC LHR gets 47.24 MH. I know memory is high, but I have had no crashes and temp is stable. Mined like this for multiple days with no issues.

Your Core is high, not the memory - you’re barely doing any OC at all there.

This is insanely inefficient and nothing to do with sillicone lottery. LHR unlock mechanism works better the higher the core, but that doesn’t mean it’s more efficient. The only reason you even see an increase in hashrate is because of LHR, with FHR cards you actually underclock the Core as low as nvidia allows - it’s the LHR unlock making use of core to fool the LHR lock, not your ETH mining per se.

I can get 47 MH/s with core at 1450, which consumes significantly less than what you do. Lock your core at stock (1410Mhz for mine) and test your Memories’ OC limits first. Once you know how much you can up the memories, then you start very slowly upping the Core clock until you find the sweet spot. For me the sweet spot is at 1470Mhz, higher than that and the hash per watt goes down exponentially.

For comparison, with your displayed 145W consumption I can get nearly 50MH/s, but not worth it due to the hash per watt ratio going down and electricity being expensive here. Currently I am at 1470 locked Core and +3800 Mems (linux numbers, would be +1900 in windows), this produces ~48-49MH/s with 130-140W consumption. Adding PL will not help either, as that consumption is required for the core for LHR unlock reasons described above, or worse it can crash your cards/drivers.

PS: your temps are also shit and your cards won’t last long-term with those temps 24/7. 62ºC core temp means close to 80ºC junction/hotspot temp and depending on your model, most likely around 100ºC. While they are built to handle that, they aren’t built or tested to run that 24/7 over a period of months. And assuming it’s also Winter where you live, it’s only going to get worse.

Sorry for all the edits, I previously had core at 1475 but recently lowered to 1470 as it’s the real efficiency sweet spot for my cards.

1 Like

Hi Guys, at least i’ve found a topic interesting about 3060 Ti LHR

I’ll share you my expercience, I’ve bought about 34 of this cards, waiting for the 100 unlock, and it finally arrived. Until that moment there was everything OK.

just using recomended version of hiveos and drivers, everything worked fine. Just checking OC in hashrate.no and having keep up to date that values.

The Card in Gigabyte Vision 3060Ti.
Unfortunately most of these have Hynix Memory. Only 5 of all of them have samsung memories of 34.

Enviroment was always controlled.
After some days i began to have problems with the cards. One by one, in differents rigs they became to loose mh/s. I began to have error messages in the cards, unlocking fail and finally Mh/s are about 20.

I’ve tried with t-rex, lolminer, nbminer, gminer… and different OC settings, after some hours, results are similar.
Factory warranty didn’t help even this have 2 o 3 months…

the thing is that actually i have 8 card with this issue, in 4 different rigs.

maybe, i want to try limiting LHR, but i don’t get with the point for at least keep them working the best possible.

have you any ideas?

1 Like

Fine tune the oc per individual card. Don’t use core offsets. Find the highest stable memory clock, and the lowest locked core clock that maintains full hashrate. If you’re getting crashes to half or less hashrate, continue to lower the mem clock and reboot each time. Repeat until stable

I’ve 34 cards :face_exhaling: :face_exhaling:
it’s hard for tracking them

Reduce mem clock each time a card crashes and reboot. Shouldn’t take long to get them stable.

Replace risers and wires maybe? Are you getting XID ( Driver Errors ) in the syslog? My guess is you are because it looks like it isnt reading your fan speed on one card currently in the pic. I am on the same Driver version that your showing running with T-Rex v0.26.5, with EVGA 3060ti XC LHR and EVGA 3060ti FTW3 LHR, both with Hynix Memory. Hynix memory you have to clock way higher on the memory to get decent results. Here are a few stable settings I use:
Best Efficiency/Hashrate w/Fixed CoreClock
Core: 1380
Mem: 3500
Pl: 0

Hashrate: 61.27mhs @ 129w

Best Hashrate w/Fixed CoreClock
Core: 1575
Mem: 4000
Pl: 0

Hashrate: 67.73mhs @ 153w

Best Efficiency/Hashrate w/Offset CoreClock
Core: -600
Mem: 3500
Pl: 137

Hashrate: 64.63mhs @ 137w

Hope you get it, or have already got it figured out.

Keep in mind there are 2 different versions of Hynix memory, referred to as v1 and v2. The early v1 will sometimes only do ~1500mhz while the latter will do more than double that without issue

Hi! your info is very useful.
I’ve changed wires, i’ve changed the motherboard and i’m using the model BTCS37 but the results are the same.
I’m thinking about that there could be any problem with the memory because i have that problem in 10 of 35 cards that i bought. Others seems to be ok.

Other thing that have been happening is that after some hours the hashrate falls to 17-19 mh/s. so i clear OC setting and the card go backs to 51 mh/s aprox for some hours but finally falls to 17
There appears an error of DAG and after that LHR unlock fails.

I’ll test this OC and give some feedback!
regards

I’ve tried different drivers versions. same result.
this are some of the errors that i’ve found. i’ve tried with differnt OC.

i.e. if i set the same OC for all cards, they boot ok but appears errors in some cards, after miner restarts appears without OC and h/s falls

The lack of stats means you’re crashing the driver from too aggressive clocks. Reduce the mem clock and reboot each time. Don’t remove the core clock as it will just waste power and make the card run harder for no benefit.

Also, I would try lolminer, it seems to do better with faulty cards as it will repair the dag.

Try installing nvidia driver version 470.86. That seems to be the best driver for stability across the most amount of cards, particularly for LHR and unlocking them. Not saying that it is in every case but in my rigs which have a mixture of 10, 20 and 30 series cards, I have the least amount of problems with that version. I actually just moved another rig back to it, for I was getting some stability issues, although it was rarely my 30 series giving me the issues. For you it is worth the try. Good luck.

Edit: Also I believe 470.74 is a stable good candidate too, if I am remembering correctly. I know 470.86 is for sure though, for I am successfully running a rig on it with a 3060ti LHR card. If not successful though for you, 470.74 may be another possibility.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.