More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

EVGA 3060 Ti XC LHR worst hynix mems around?

And was is the hash rate now?

43-44 with same power consumption

That’s impressive (compared with the 41-42 mhs values :slight_smile: )
OK, could you please give me a step by step process how can I reach the same mhs like you did it?
First, replace my HDD (yes, I’m currently using HDD and not SDD, so I think your suggestion will be my cure)
Than, how can I move forward? Do I need to start the mining with the basic settings or do I need to reduce the Core clock to some specific value?
Thanks for the suggestions!
Regards,
Akos

I am using Pendrive and it’s working fine for me, Here is my OC config

Yep but that’s a FE card right? FE cards are usually the best quality PCB designs, my card is a “low end” aftermarket card which sadly is not as well built. The mem chips might not even be the same, I will try to find a PCB pic and check that out!

It seems these cards are so picky they require everything else to be perfect. I mean, you’re doing 2800+ memclocks while we’re struggling to get 1600 here :smile: Literally the only thing I hadn’t tried before was switching to an SSD and so far it holds clocks that it wouldn’t before…!

PS: could be a mix of pendrive + 4GB memory specifically too… that was my setup when I couldn’t OC.

1 Like

Nothing special just use the option on Nvidia OC settings “Delay in seconds before applying overclock”:

20 sec for me since DAG usually takes 12-14sec and I have a 5 sec miner start delay, so that should ensure OC is only applied after DAG is created. Other than that the only thing is the SSD instead of the pendrive. If you already using an HDD, not sure it will make a diference. Btw, how much RAM you ahve in the rig? To see if there’s anything else different from your rig to mine.

Currently trying 1800, 1600 was stable. 44-45.5 :slight_smile:

well, first of all, thanks for the help! I really appreciate it!
and for my config…
I will note down everything, just to make sure to see the whole picture.
so:
Motherboard: ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING II ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. (4007 12/08/2020)
CPU:12 × AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor AES
HDD: ATA ST9320325AS 320GB
Memory: Crucial 4Gb, ddr4, 2400Mhz CT4G4DFS824A

From software point of you:
Based on nvidia-smi: NVIDIA-SMI 470.86 Driver Version: 470.86 CUDA Version: 11.4
HiveOS ver: 0.6-213@211227
using latest nbminer on ethermine pool
paralel of the ETH, I’m mining RTM as well with the CPU

And you’re sure it’s not the PSU that can’t handle cpu + your cards right? I use t-rex btw

I think not, because it’s a Chiftec A90 650W PSU, and this PSU only serve 1 GPU and one CPU

do you mine something else beside ETH or why do you use t-rex?

Yeah with a single GPU you’re fine.

Seems to be the most stable LHR unlock for me.

Ran the whole day and night with no issues… Seems my problem was indeed the pendrive… weird.

Also btw that power consumption is bonkers. The kh/w for those 46MH/s is aweful, better if you lock core clock so you reduce the voltage needed and thus the power. Going “-500” or “-200” on core is not worth it for LHR cards.

I have this card. I just got it and only played around for a few days with it but mine seems to be doing fairly well for being an LHR card. I would have to double check my numbers for I am away from my machine atm but I am getting 46-48 mhs at around 120-130 watts.

Windows 10
Nvidia driver 472.12
Trex 2.48
Core clock locked 1400
Mem +1800
Pl 100%

Take note though if you do core clock lock you don’t want to move your pl from 100%. Your core clock lock speed is goin to control your pl automatically and if you set it lower than what it needs you get massive clock speed fluctuations which causes instability and crashes

Hmm please do double check those numbers and report back please, I am basically with the exact same settings but at 44-45 in t-rex too. Which isn’t terrible just trying to understand whats going on :joy:

I just checked and those numbers were accurate, but I forgot that i did just change the overclocks here a little bit ago because like i said, I just got it a few days ago and still trying different settings and such. So the new oc settins i currently have set, that reflects the screenshot of the miner console i have attached are:

core clock locked: 1450
mem clock: +2000

everything else the same as stated before, windows driver, trex version, etc…

The results seem to be 48-49mh/s with a power draw bouncing between 130-140 watts.

Edit: let me add these screenshots that may be helpful for you…

Now you got me a bit confused.

That’s windows right? Shouldn’t that +2000 be +4000 in linux? Best I’ve seen stable with samsung memories was +2600 or so.

Benchmarks do report higher hashrates in windows but they aren’t long running so typically they aren’t stable settings. Did you have those speeds up for over 12h or 24h?

Unfortunately the kh/w seems to always get worse past 43-44MH/s :confused:

Yes this card currently is running in windows and it has Hinyx memory too, which i would assume is the type v2 but that is just an assumption. You are correct though, the mem clocks I am speaking of are the Windows versions so you would need to double them for the Linux equivalent. It will go into a hive rig once i am done trying different settings, algos, etc. I just got it on Friday and through it into a windows rig but didnt have time to play around with it so I just set it on locked core 1350, mem +1400, pl 100% and it ran like that for the first approximate 12hrs or so, then bumped it up to the locked core 1400, mem +1800, pl 100% which it ran like that for about 24 hrs and then i moved it to the settings you see above which all seemed stable without any problems. I did play around with it last night a bit to see how far i could get the lhr-tune up on it, which the highest was 78.5.

I believe I had heard that there were 2 versions of the Hynix memory, a v1 and v2. V1 could not be overclocked very high and sometimes needed to be underclocked even and the v2 which needed/could be overclocked much more similarly like Samsung’s memory. Dont quote me fully on that because i am not 100% on that though. The YouTuber CryptoDonkeyMiner mentions something like this in this video https://youtu.be/k5lFnQC0Mto

It’s possible memory manufacturers improve the same model over time if there are known issues. When you plug it into hive (or if you wanna check gpuz), check the bios number:

Different memory chips require a different bios, so we can make sure we have the same card that way.

But yeah +2000 (4000) is crazy for a samsung mems, let alone hynix… I left it running with 1800 (+900 on windows) on both cards and it has been 40h without crashing, safe to say it’s stable. Will try upping as you did :slight_smile:

PS: looked again and can’t find anyone with stable settings over +3000 (+1500 on windows) and that’s samsung mems… wth :joy: There must be something with these cards where the mem values are not halved in afterburner for windows… can’t possibly be +4000 :joy:

What other settings apart from lhr-tune? Best i can do without triggering the lhr lock is 74.5-75. Anything higher triggers it really quickly and t-rex has to adjust and ends up at 74.5 anyway. But other settings affect lhr lock too, such as intensity, so please share your full miner settings too (this difference could also be due to drivers, hiveos uses older drivers)

Can hold 2200 too it seems. Will let it run for a while and update :slight_smile: