More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Error: "RX 6800 XT is not AMD card" when I try to eliminate AMD 6800 variability

Hi guys,

Recently I got two GPUs from AMD (RX 6800 and RX 6800XT). Thus, I have followed and applied these two scripts below in order to change the energy efficiency and to up the hashrate:

Guide to eliminating AMD 6800 variability in Hive

and
Manual guide to eliminating AMD 6800 variability in Hive

Occurs that the process was successful only in my RX 6800. Regarding the RX 6800XT, the system says “RX 6800 XT is not AMD card”.

Beside that, when I apply “amd-info” command, “F State” shows 500 1941* in the clocks to RX 6800 XT instead 1551* 1551 (as you can see to RX 6800 below).

Today each card of mine is making 58mhs, but I know that such GPUs reach up to 62mhs or maybe 64mhs.

Somebody knows what could be the issue in the case of RX 6800 XT?

Thank you and sorry for my newbie question. I have searched this topic a lot, but unfortunately, I have not found a solution for this.

The F-state script is only for the 6800 to get its’ F-state as high as possible, and that’s 1551 for a 6800. If you don’t use the script, the F-state will be lower resulting in lower hash.
The 6800XT does not have this issue and goes immediately to its’ highest F-state, being 1941.
Treat them as 2 different cards, they need different clocks and voltages.

Thank you, Oni. I appreciate your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.