More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Error causing TRex miner to restart

Thanks for the suggestion though :slight_smile:
will try my best not to adjust the value during the monitoring lol

I have been having problems with one of my gpu for a week. Very low hashrates with my rtx 3090, it works between 40 and 50 mh. I have tried everything and I can’t correct it

What are your OC settings? When did you buy this card? I have a water-cooled EVGA FTW3 3090 in my main system and it does about 118 MH/s while drawing 293 watts and with 1000 memory OC. When it wasn’t water-cooled its hashrate was around 90 MH/s because of memory overheating. Did you change the thermal pads? Is the back of the card well cooled? What happens with stock settings? 3090 is a very tricky card to mine with because the memory modules on the back of the card don’t have good cooling. However, the hashrate you’re getting seems too low.

update: my card has been stable after adjusting the OC settings with core=1000 / memory=1600.
will try to push the memory up a little bit and keep the observation

Good to hear that. Remember to do it slowly. Give each new OC setting about a day. Also, sometimes the hashrate improvement is very low at high levels of memory OC. In my opinion, it isn’t worth trading 0.5 MH/s for stability. Keep this in mind because maybe your hashrate is good enough right now and your rig will be more stable if you don’t push the OC too much, your cards will also last longer.

we have for a week one of our 3070 this error massage , we updatet rig, get our #10 vga setup everything and after few hours t-rex drops out the card, first cannot read fan speed, after few try we get theis error again and again, now try running the msi ventus 3070 with “-200” memory clock couse we tried lower from 2400 to 2200 , 2000 ,1000 the t-rex restarts again and again with this error massage

we changed already the riser , and power cables

the card gpu temp was never over 49-50 celsius , hope not melted down the memory modul

Swap the card to another position and see if it still happens to the same card.

tried already still have the issue

Try another miner for a while and see what happens. If you did this already I’d recommend you to put the card alone in a system with windows and run the same miner to see if there is something wrong with the card itself.

tried to run phoenix, and get lot of rejected shares on other cards so changed back to t-rex :D, yeah i spoke already with support , if we have time, we try benchmarking the msi ventus with superposition and furmark

dunno maybe try the warranty, we have still, if not try to change termal pads, msi ventus 3070 have really bad plastick backplate

we try running t-rex on windows seems stable for now

seeing nothing special, temperature looks ok, waiting for crash

*we have on windowst-rex-0.19.14-win-cuda11.1 , hive has already newer version, my toughts was maybe probleme with the new version of t-rex

crashed after 2 hours :confused: i have no log, windows restarted, write nothing in logbook

You should try running the card that is having issues alone in a system. This way you can make sure it is the card which is causing the crash.

Hİ RRH96 is your problem solved? I have the same problem.
graphic card Asus rtx 3070 tuf.
overclock settings

-300 core clock
+1350 memory clock
54 power lımıt
60 fan speed

Hİ RRH96 is your problem solved? I have the same problem.
graphic card Asus rtx 3070 tuf.
overclock settings

-300 core clock
+1350 memory clock
54 power lımıt
60 fan speed

https://forum.hiveos.farm/uploads/default/original/2X/d/db7d5a10380579339483e761a6d8eeb02ec9d79f.jpeg

It hasn’t happened in a while. It was caused by the OC. Not all cards can be OCed the same way. Lower the memory clock a little at a time until it doesn’t happen anymore. I have my 3070s and 3060Tis running at around 60-61 MH/s for better stability. Don’t push it too hard, one MH/s won’t make much difference.

thank you bro. :pray:

I forgot to tell you that I have an Asus RTX 3070 TUF too and I have it running at 61.55 MH/s with these settings, which I also use for all my 3070s.
1150 core clock
2400 memory clock
125 watts power limit but it uses 118 to 120 watts depending on fan speed too.

I have no idea. I haven’t seen this issue before. Ask at another topic maybe someone else knows.

I couldn’t fix this even with no OC. Switched to Gminer problem solved.