More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

ERROR: Can't start T-Rex, can't initialize CUDA engine, cuda exception: CUDA_ERROR_NO_DEVICE. Is NVIDIA driver installed?

HiveOS on ASRock h110 mobo mines 24/7 without issue No clock settings of any kind ETH…HiveOn

t-rex exited (exitcode=1), waiting to cooldown a bit

Skipping miner log rotation due to execution time < 30sec

20220206 14:17:35 ERROR: Can’t start T-Rex, can’t initialize CUDA engine, cuda exception: CUDA_ERROR_NO_DEVICE. Is NVIDIA driver installed?

20220206 14:17:35 T-Rex finished.

00:02.0 HD Graphics 630

0 02:00.0 GA106 [GeForce RTX 3060 LHR] <— The failing card

1 03:00.0 GeForce RTX 3060 (12053 MB, 170 W, Unknown) <—Also New that day and Worked perfectly

Tried:

Swapping risers, the other card mined both fine

Installed gpu0 to mobo directly

Mining only one card on mobo and two different proven risers

On stock hive driver 470.74?, then updated to latest 220205, rolled back to 470.74

Tried mining RVN

Gminer also would not start, with a fatal error I did not record as it was similar in nature.

If the cards show up with the die number they aren’t going to mine, so no need to even try different miners etc. does each card work by itself directly on the board?

both purchased at the same time, are slightly different evga 3060 12g one being the …57 the other the …55 model number.

one mines in all locations the other doesn’t mine under any circumstance tried so far

And you tried using the known good power cables etc on both?

yes swapped power cables and footers, good card mining out, other card in and not mining, good card back and mining. double swapping each time.

Sounds like a dead card if you’ve ruled out all other variables.

1 Like

that was my conclusion too. just thought i would confirm if any brighter bulbs than i, had better illumination, looking for known issues, oh yea thats… i’ll return it in two weeks if no one else has such.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.