More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Edit Cron Job on HiveOS

Hey guys. I’ve recently mirrored Hive’s Repos for quicker updates. When setting this up a cron job is set up in order to sync the local repos with Hive’s repos. This cron job is ran every hour and I would like to change it to something more reasonable like every 4-8 hours. Syncing every hour is overkill! Anyone ever edited this cron job? Where can I edit this cron job?

You need to edit the crontab file using the crontab command. To list it’s contents you’ll type “crontab -l” to edit the file you’ll type “crontab -e”. All cron jobs are located in “/etc/cron*”. If you are unfamiliar with how to do this I suggest reading the cron manpage or doing a quick Duck/Google search beforehand.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I since deleted the repo and updates because it was broken for a LONG time. It would work initially, then the subsequent cron jobs would fail to reach the servers for some reason. Wasn’t worth the headache. Do u know if they’ve fixed this by now?

I don’t know. I just noticed this was from last year.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.