More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Drivers Update

I have a problem too…I always get error after amd driver update:

Error! Could not locate dkms.conf file.
File: does not exist.
WARNING: amdgpu dkms failed for running kernel

at the end of the installation. it´s the same error for every driver version…at the end I tried to re-install 19.30 again, but same error. how can you successfully update your amd driver?

when I run the command dkms status it says the same error. do you guys have these file and where is it located? is there a link missing in my installation or what´s going on?

I also face the same error while trying to install 20.40.
Error! Could not locate dkms.conf file.
File: does not exist.
WARNING: amdgpu dkms failed for running kernel

Have you found the workaround?

So, I think it is time for the HiveOS team to upgrade the AMD drivers. With the release of the latest Navi cards I believe version 20.40 will resolve issues with some miners (LolMiner for instance).

FYI - I am proficient with Ubuntu server and failed at updating the AMDGPU-Pro drivers. There was a read-write error during the installation (even though I was running as root) and it essentially required me to re-image the drive. SO- if you are going to try to update the AMD drivers yourself take a page from my book and make a USB thumb drive with HiveOS first so you can run on that while you fix your primary boot drive.

1 Like

And Driver Version 20.40 is on the latest image, THANKS!!!

latest beta img? are amd still on beta img? I was also considering upgrading amd drivers.

Nope, AMD drivers were integrated into the stable branch awhile ago. So I am on the latest hive-stable image.

I’ve tried repeatedly to upgrade the Nvidia drivers, but each time it fails during the “Installing DKMS kernel module” where it stalls for a minute at 5% and then continues (logs below).

I just re-flashed Hive and first ran “apt update” before trying to install the driver again, but same result.

Thanks for your help.

Log:

root@rig0:~# nvidia-driver-update

> Loading drivers list - 45

> Latest version - 460.56 (CUDA 11.1)

> Installed version - 455.45.01 (CUDA 11.1)

> Downloading - http://download.hiveos.farm/drivers/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-460.56.run

--2021-03-12 14:18:28-- http://download.hiveos.farm/drivers/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-460.56.run

Resolving download.hiveos.farm (download.hiveos.farm)... 172.67.28.84, 104.22.10.47, 104.22.11.47

Connecting to download.hiveos.farm (download.hiveos.farm)|172.67.28.84|:80... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK

Length: 178496173 (170M) [application/x-makeself]

Saving to: ‘/hive-drivers-pack/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-460.56.run’

NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-460.56.ru 100%[================================================>] 170.23M 3.11MB/s in 56s

2021-03-12 14:19:25 (3.02 MB/s) - ‘/hive-drivers-pack/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-460.56.run’ saved [178496173/178496173]

> Checking package integrity

check sums and md5 sums are ok

> Stopping services

> Unload modules successfull

> Installing driver. PLEASE WAIT!

Verifying archive integrity... OK

Uncompressing NVIDIA Accelerated Graphics Driver for Linux-x86_64 460.56...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Welcome to the NVIDIA Software Installer for Unix/Linux

Detected 2 CPUs online; setting concurrency level to 2.

WARNING: You do not appear to have an NVIDIA GPU supported by the 460.56 NVIDIA Linux graphics driver installed in

this system. For further details, please see the appendix SUPPORTED NVIDIA GRAPHICS CHIPS in the README

available on the Linux driver download page at [www.nvidia.com](http://www.nvidia.com).

Installing NVIDIA driver version 460.56.

There appears to already be a driver installed on your system (version: 455.45.01). As part of installing this driver

(version: 460.56), the existing driver will be uninstalled. Are you sure you want to continue? (Answer: Continue

installation)

Would you like to register the kernel module sources with DKMS? This will allow DKMS to automatically build a new

module, if you install a different kernel later. (Answer: Yes)

Install NVIDIA's 32-bit compatibility libraries? (Answer: Yes)

Uninstalling the previous installation with /usr/bin/nvidia-uninstall.

Searching for conflicting files:

Searching: [##############################] 100%

Installing 'NVIDIA Accelerated Graphics Driver for Linux-x86_64' (460.56):

Installing: [##############################] 100%

Driver file installation is complete.

Installing DKMS kernel module:

Adding to DKMS: [##############################] 100%

ERROR: Unable to load the 'nvidia-drm' kernel module.

ERROR: Installation has failed. Please see the file '/var/log/nvidia-installer.log' for details. You may find

suggestions on fixing installation problems in the README available on the Linux driver download page at

[www.nvidia.com](http://www.nvidia.com).

> Failed (1)

> Reinstalling nvidia-settings (current 460.56)

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 91 not upgraded.

Need to get 855 kB of archives.

After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.

Get:1 http://download.hiveos.farm/repo/binary nvidia-settings 361.42-0ubuntu1 [855 kB]

Fetched 855 kB in 1s (1,578 kB/s)

(Reading database ... 101005 files and directories currently installed.)

Preparing to unpack .../nvidia-settings_361.42-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb ...

Unpacking nvidia-settings (361.42-0ubuntu1) over (361.42-0ubuntu1) ...

Setting up nvidia-settings (361.42-0ubuntu1) ...

Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.3-2ubuntu0.1) ...

Processing triggers for mime-support (3.60ubuntu1) ...

Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.27-3ubuntu1.4) ...

> Nvidia-settings reinstall successful

> Starting services

Autofan v2.34 started

Starting t-rex

> Driver installation failed (1)

root@rig0:~#

thank you thank you, you beatiful person, I did this before forget I had to do this when you uninstall. You would think it would be written down some where ha.

Hello Everyone!
i have Asrock H510 Pro BTC+ Mainboard and not working fine.
The system see the card but not use it. i think the problem is the chipset driver. (I changed gen1, but didnt help.)

I am getting time outs when trying to install nvidia drivers. After trying to update, it throws my system offline. This is abysmal. Going back to windows I guess.

Are you running Hive Kernel #140 or older?
Image 11-1-21 at 3.43 PM

Kernel

5.4.0-hiveos #140

Hello. I have tried this guide and updating nvidia drivers in general but it seems that every time server x closes my screen goes black and i need to reboot, making it impossible to update. Any suggestions please?

You can update from another PC remotely. Go to HiveOS, log into your Farm, click the remote access icon, and then choose a method for remote access. Enter commands in the remote terminal.

Updating the Hive kernel includes these drivers:

Image 11-9-21 at 9.01 AM

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Apparently i had 2 different issues which appear to be resolved at this point, although not really with the anticipated way.

1. I did download and install the latest version of hiveos which indeed included 470.82 version of NVIDIA drivers which resolved the issue with the performance of my cards. I need to point out that i did not manage to update the drivers through any other means, even remotely. Whenever i executed the command for update, i got a freezing black screen and an unresponsive rig.
  2. Rig kept freezing at random for which i followed some other threads that pointed out bios settings, processor voltage etc which has also resolved the freezing issue.

Rig has been running for almost 24 hours without freezing, great stable performance of my card versions although i had 2 random miner restarts for which i am going to check the logs.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

What happened to driver nVidia 495.44?!?! I have it on one rig, and it’s not available anymore?

i got the issue while updating Drivers cards

already turn on maintenance mode without driver still error

Will this help PhoenixMiner detect Vega 64?

I’m having issues with the miner not detecting the XFX Vega RX 64

Are you able to help me solve this issue?

Vega is not a new GPU, drivers included with the latest stable release will be fine.