More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Divide 1 rig into multiple coin mining operations

Is it possible to have 3 cards mine specific pool, and another 3 something else?

Yes it’s possible
First at all read manual for miner and second you must setup properly you mining profile calling “Wallet” in HiveOS terms.
So you must divide/grouping your cards in rig and usually it can be done by:

• dividing card by GPU vendor (AMD, NVidia)
  • dividing card by card number (see manual fro miner)

and finally you must use different miner for this. All it can be done by using feature of HiveOS calling “Second miner”

I’m interested in this thing too, I´m currently using windows, but I tried hiveos and like it very much, but I admin two rigs with two or three eth wallet (because has more than one owner) on windows I use several claymore windows with -di on each windows I config different wallets.

Hello
I’ve 3 amd and 2 nvidia gpus.
I want to 2 nvidia for mine zcash and
3 amd for mine eth in one rig.
How to configure?
Help me please
Thank you

@weijil
search forum for feature “Second miner” also there is video at yotube channel

Hey,
I´ve the same question. Yes I read the faq.
But i cant find a way to mine my RTX3080 to Waller 1 and my RTX3090 to Wallet 2.

Anybody can Help ?

You can use multiple pools but to differentiate between your cards, you need to specify the coin and device (GPU). You can put multiple devices on the same coin or you can mine different coins with those different devices at the same time. The secret to more coins is to use multiple miners on your flight sheet. There’s a button at the button that says ‘Add Miner’ right above Cancel and Update. After you add a new miner, you can use that to select your device id # (which is usually sequenced based on the type of card whether it’s nVidia or AMD) which you can find when you select your worker and scroll down to “GPU 0, GPU 0, GPU 1” (if you have 3 cards for example, 1 AMD, 2 nVidia). You input the device number (the specific graphics card you want to use) when you edit the flight sheet for that worker in edit Flight Sheet (2nd option from left on your worker, Flight Sheets, then the 3 dots to the right of the rocket on your flight sheet, then Edit): Miner: Setup Miner Config: Extra config arguments: (then click on the blue ‘i’ to find out the exact commands to type in for that miner which can vary a bit). You also use this option to select whether you want to influence AMD OR nVidia cards (the platform) which is very important since they are not cross-compatible on one coin. They usually show the instructions for these basic options of device # and platform on the blue i circular button. If you are using multiple graphics cards mining the same coin, it’s really easy to just list those devices on that same coin in the flight sheet extra config argument, so you don’t even need to create a new miner if they’re mining the same coin and assuming they are all AMD OR all nVidia (you CANNOT mix AMD and nVidia platforms for that same coin). Some of the best miners I’ve found to choose your platform and device are: nbminer, phoenixminer (which is fast but may have occasional incorrect or rejected shares), and lolminer (semi-fast), although some of the other ones will probably work also. Ones that are useful for targeting specific platforms, AMD or nVidia, are T-Rex for nVidia and teamredminer (which is fast) for AMD which are ONLY able to be used for those exact platforms. A lot of those other miners work also and all you do is search for their command list on google and you can input even more options like temperature control to shut it down or start it when it goes beyond a certain temperature. Temperature control is probably the most useful other feature of flight sheet extra config arguments since if your card overheats, that may be it’s fatal error forever and you’re out $400-$700 or however much you paid for it (you can also use HiveOS’ builtin fan control for temperature control as well, on the front settings fan icon). Anyway, multiple coins is definitely a certainty which I have performed multiple times and will not be that difficult after you learn how it works from these instructions. One thing to watch out for is not to overclock your cards when you’re switching stuff around on your flight sheets since it will cause them to crash especially when they start mining, so have your overclocking settings low or on default at first, then you’ll know where your errors actually are. And having that extra little 4% profit is probably not even worth the risk of overclocking and overheating your GPUs.