More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Diferent power consumption/config on TRM after startup/reset giving me constant crashes

I’ve been having this issue since forever. Mining on hive os with TRM (where I get the best mh/s + lowest consumption) but whenever I have to reboot for whatever reason (power shortage, upgrade, etc) the miner boots up with a little lower total power consumption (around 10-15 less) and the rig crashes with a “gpu x dead” error after a few minutes. And it keeps crashing forever and ever UNLESS I pause the miner right after it starts, change a random setting on the oc of any of the cards, and restart it. Then it will run for days and days on without any issues. While looking at the hive shell, I have also noticed the miner sets different configs for the cards after the auto tune.

Can anyone shed a light on how to deal with this? I thought about trying to manually set the mode of each card but I don’t know how.

First picture is the miner after a clean boot (ran for 2 mins and crashed). Second is the miner after a pause/restart “trick”.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.