More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Determine which card is crashing?

Hello. Can someone please assist me with determining which card is crashing? The error message states the error to be “no temps”. The cards listed in the error message, aside from the onboard GPU 00:02:0 which is not mining, have their temperatures present. Is there another log I can look at to see which card is having difficulties so I can back its OC settings down? Thank you.

Edit: I just cleaned up the image to show below my post vs. in the middle of my message to make it easier to read. No data changes.

Check the miner logs for more data points.

It would be a bit easier to split off the AMD and Nvidia GPUs into different miners, but with only (3) GPUs, miner logs should catch the event.

Thanks. When I click miner log in the web interface (hiveos), I only get about 80 lines (or so) returned. When I check out /var/log/miner/nbminer/nbminer.log, it only shows the logs since the last reboot. I was reading the docs thinking I should have a nbminer.log.1, or something like that, but don’t appear to. Is there a setting I need to enable in order to retain miner logs after a reboot vs. hiveos overwriting them each reboot?

Did you enable logs-on via the shell interface?

I did not, thank you! That was the missing link. I’ve enabled that and am awaiting the next crash. (Sometimes it is in 30 minutes, sometimes in 12 hours.)