More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST assistance

A power surge killed my motherboard and processor in my 7 card 3080 rig.

I bought a new motherboard and processor, and have installed them. I have made no other hardware changes (cards are even still plugged into the same motherboard slot).

When booting HiveOs, it tells me that I have no miner config and that it couldn’t connect to api server (http://api.hiveos.farm).

I do firstrun -f, it asks for rig id and pw, asks if I want to set the rig password (all like usual) and then says :

Sending Hello
ERROR: connection to API server failed (http://api.hiveos.farm)
CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST (6) Couldn’t resolve host. The given remote host was not resolved.
Will try again in 60s
Sorry, id and password did not work.

I read a forum post and checked both that the ethernet port is detected in hive, and that the rig has been assigned an IP address (e.g. it is connected?)

I’m in over my head here, and could really use some help.

Do I just need to reformat my SSD since it may have had data damaged during the surge?

Thanks everybody,

SykesHill

run net-test and post the output here. if it doesnt have internet connection rig id/password arent going to work no matter what.

It will now start mining after being running for about 10 minutes.

I did this several times to make sure it wasn’t just a fluke

Putting in hello again would just give me the same hostname error, and then after 10-15 minutes it would just randomly take it and initialize the miner.

After 10 minutes of mining it says “pool not responding to submitted shares” and sits idle.

This seems like it’s pointing towards a bad connection/network but another rig running on the same switch (I switched Ethernet cables to check that as well) doesn’t have any of these problems.

What did net-test show?

Local Network Connection:
[PING} (Gateway)
[PING] 8.8.8.8 (DNS) [FAIL] check your router and physical connection
[PING] 1.1.1.1 (DNS) [FAIL] Check firewall rules or connection settings
[PING] 114.114.114.114 (DNS) [FAIL] Check firewall rules or connection settings.

Sorry for the late reply, they miraculously started working and both of my rigs simultaneously went down with this error now.

Ive checked the cables, the PC plugged into the same network switch has no issues, and I reflashed my ssd with Hive just in case something had corrupted itself.

Any idea?

Looks as if you have no connection to your router

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.