More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Can't seem to run 2 rigs at the same time

Just got a second rig up and running which I was very excited about but it’s creating a real headache for me.

Rig 1 has run for months no problem but when I bring Rig 2 online, both start performing terribly, stale shares goes through the roof. They start losing connection and relogging.

I take Rig 2 down, Rig 1 starts starts working fine again. Take Rig 1 down and start Rig 2, works fine. Neither seem to have any issue until I run them both.

It seems internet related, both are connected to the modem with ethernet cables. I’ve ordered a Linux supported wifi dongle to see if that resolves the issue but has anyone come across this problem before of have any suggestions for me? At a complete loss as to what to do if this wifi adaptor doesn’t resolve the problem so I’m a bit stressed.

ip conflict?

In my 8 hours of trying to resolve the problem… it is something I did come across. I’m a total noob tho, real novice with these things (i probably shouldn’t even me mining lol). I looked for help on google and youtube but couldn’t find any guides. I tried messing with the static IP configuration but in honestly, I don’t know what I’m doing :frowning:

Is this something someone can talk me through?

what are the local addresses of each?

Rig1 192.168.1.95:4200
Rig2 192.168.1.99:4200

what miner(s)? screenshots of the worker overview tabs may shed light on an issue if you can post them

Just as an update. Did set Static IP on both rigs and it still wouldn’t fix it. Tried a heap of other things, nothing.

However, the Wifi adaptor when it finally arrived and I got it connected resolve the problem instantly.

Did need to go back to version 0.6-208@211207 of Hive before it would recognize my Wifi adaptor but simple from there. Only about a 0.5% increase in stale shares to when connected but I can live with that compared to what it was doing before (see top image).

Sounds like a bad ethernet port on a motherboard, cable, switch port on the modem, etc.

It does but what confused me was as soon as I turned one off, the other worked fine.

Have a spare switch that you can aggregate your workers to a single upstream port in the modem/router as a test?

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.