More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Can't get Raptoreum Miner Working - cpuminer-opt-gr

Hey guys, really hoping someone here can assist.

I have some existing GPU rigs already running Hive with no issues now and I want to also start having them CPU mine Raptoreum.

I watched several setup videos and for some reason I get the following error from my miner:

Please consider runnig as ‘root’ to enable MSR and Large Pages
Detected Intel CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Available CPU Instructions: AVX2 AVX SSE42 AES
Starting avx2 variant of the binaries.
./cpuminer-avx2: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_4’ not found (required by ./cpuminer-avx2)

cpuminer-opt exited (exitcode=1), waiting to cooldown a bit

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks

make sure everything is up to date, and reboot. hive should run the miner as root without any needed input from the user.

1 Like

Above are my settings…that’s the newest version of cpuminer and I have rebooted and same thing happens.

How do I run the miner as root? It automatically starts on boot…

if you remove the threads config does it still show that message?

yep, just tried that same error about missing lib files.

strangely we have different versions?!?!

This is an image of my config

I’m using rplant.xyz as my server

1 Like

Tried your settings…same thing. Still missing the files and unable to start.

1 Like

you could try reinstalling the miner. I remember seeing that problem when I started, but don’t really recall how i fixed it. I thought my settings had fixed it. Don’t think apt-get upgrade did either hmmm

Are you trying to connect to the pool using ssl? Try disabling it.

To remove miners try hpkg remove miners

By the way threads should be 1 less than your cores. cpu-affinity is a bit map of the cores to use (14 = 1110)

https://xmrig.com/docs/miner/hugepages

For manual configuration you must know how many huge pages you need, general recommendations is 1280 pages per NUMA node for RandomX algorithms and 128 per system for other algorithms. Please note 1280 pages means 2560 MB of memory will be reserved for huge pages and become not available for other usage, in automatic mode the miner reserve precise count of huge pages.

Temporary (until next reboot) reserve huge pages:

sudo sysctl -w vm.nr_hugepages=1280

Permanent huge pages reservation

sudo bash -c "echo vm.nr_hugepages=1280 >> /etc/sysctl.conf"

if you blindly use the above config, make sure you have at least 8GB of ram in your rig

1 Like

thanks

How would you use “sudo bash -c " echo vm.nr_hugepages=1280 >> /etc/sysctl.conf” " in Hive Os?

what do you mean? like how to execute it in the OS itself?
click the >_ in the top menu to get a command window (not interactive). Paste the command in, paste, click run, voila, done.

Ahh ok, I was trying in the >_ that is inside a box and trying to paste it in Hive Shell, thanks

I tried this but i’m still having the issue, any other recommendations?

remove config override commands,leave that field blank,if u want do define threads then input that but let miner do tuning without any extra configs. i had issue with miner and when i clear that override field everything went smoothly

2 Likes

Thanks, how would i do that?

I figured it out, Your the Man!

1 Like

Hummm… in my case it did do the trick… i do not have any issue with a missing config file… but the Large Page and MSR are not activated

Should i tried to remove the miner ? Or try other

what i have been reading, that is not issue with hive…something about hive running allready root…i have to admit i dont understand what that means but when i had same thing, after research i found info that it can be ignored…so thats good enought for me lol