More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Can't get HiveOS to recognize an individual RX580. Tried almost anything. "failed to recognize GPU init"

I’m a fairly new miner and decided to use HiveOS on my first rig for it’s new user-friendly usage. The card I can’t get recognized is an individual card. Let’s call it A and let’s call a working card B.

1. First boot, A doesn’t work. After a couple of reboots, i still can’t get it recognized. A prominent error I see everytime I boot up is “failed to recognize GPU init” checked the linux forums but can’t find a conclusion.

2. Swapped the A and B’s support units completely (risers, power cables etc.) B still works and A still doesn’t work.

3. Changed A’s overclock settings to be on the safe side. Nope.

4. Motherboard slots are working.

5. Tried to boot up with a HDMI cable plugged to a GPU instead of CPU graphics. Nope.

6. Tried to boot up with no monitor and without using CPU graphics.

7. Tried Gen2 PCIe slots, working fine for 4 RX580’s and 1 RX570. Haven’t tried Gen1 or else.

I’d really want to provide linux command outputs, but I don’t know how to navigate around the linux terminal. As I said, one of the most prominent one was “failed to recognize GPU init” . This occured whenever I plugged A into the PCIe slot.

At this point I’m severely out of ideas, every trial and error idea and every solution is greatly appreciated. Here’s my hardware:

GPU’s : RX570 , 5 RX580 (A is a RX580)

Motherboard : ASUS STRIX H270F

PSU : 1200W platinum plus full modular PSU

RAM : 8GB 2100 MHz

General overclocks for cards : Core (1175) , Mem (2155) , mV (850)

If you can get a terminal opened. type dmesg and copy and paste the output

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.