More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Can't boot hiveos, soft lockup - cpu stuck for 22s

Hello guys. Can you help me - i cant boot hiveos with 4 gpus.
It boots with 3, but as soon as I add one more, this error occurs:

Gen 1 in Bios is on, 4g is on, booting from usb stick.
My setup:
i5 10600k
MSI z490-a pro
8 gb ram
3080 Palit Gamerock LHR
3080 Palit Gamerock LHR
3080 Aorus Xtreme
3080 Ti Palit GamingPro
Astec 2880w server psu

Edit: I also have 1080, my old gpu. It boots with two 3080, one 3080 Ti and one 1080. I’ve just bought one more 3080 and it wont boot with it. GPU itself is fine, I’ve tried to boot with different combinations of gpus, and its just not working with four gddr6x gpus.

I actually have the same error, did anyone else had this problem, and was able to solve it?

The problem with mine is, AMD RX 480 are working OK on Biostar B250, but as soon as I attach ANY 1660s on it, it writes CPU STUCK at HiveOs start!
I changed complete motherboard, cpu, ram, PSU, and it’s always the same.

I know, this could be a card hardware error, but it worked before! And the thing is, this is a problem on MANY 1660s cards, so I dought they all died.

I was able to solve it by replacing all the risers and cables that come with them + all those small things that connect risers with motherboard

It actually looks like MANY 1660S are broken somehow, and this error “cpu stuck” is caused by them.
I haven’t fully solved the problem, but they work on windows if the memory is not overclocked. So they are mining with 20 mhs. As soon as you touch memory overclock, windows crashes.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.