More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Can We Export Statistics?

I’m a data nerd. There, I said it. I’m also new to crypto mining.

I recently took over a mining operation and have been evaluating Hive OS on the three-free license product and am enjoying it. I’m considering moving the rest of my mining operation over, but I need data! The mining OS I use long-term needs to give me at a very minimum the ability to export power consumption and hash rate for each card. Can Hive OS do this? I see the Stats page, but it doesn’t quite meet my needs - the underlying data likely would though.

I’d be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. Thank you!

Update:
I’ve got to be honest… this is disheartening. I don’t know whether the Hive OS community is too young to provide an answer or whether the answer is “no” and no one has the heart to tell me. In either case, it’s definitely a turn off from this option. I’ll probably start investigating what else is out there.

1 Like

Fellow data nerd here.

I have not come across the desired export function. I kind of remember that the version prior to Hive 2.0 had some form of export but not to the granularity you request.

I too would second the motion to request the feature set of an export function. Currently I need to use rough number to predict power consumption and hash rates. However, this is a hobby not a business for me. In my real job I live or die by data evaluation and statistics and fully understand your needs.

One thing I would say is that the power consumption per card has only slight variations and is mostly based on the rig configuration. As example, one rig that I run consists of 13 EVGA 1080 Ti FTW cards where I set the overall power consumption per card in the overclocking section and the configured value is respected within a couple/few watts. That is close enough in general since cooling BTU’s must further be considered. As for hash rate, that too is mostly consistent within a few hundredth (or few tenths) of a hash in my configurations. The silicon lottery comes into play here too. One further point about power consumption is that it is not only about per card it’s about the rig in general. I use APC UPS’s and look at overall output power utilization and the per card numbers are a fraction of overall power utilization since all component efficiencies must be considered (power supply, motherboard, cpu and case cooling fans). I’ve considered using individual power meters per power leg to accurately capture the real utilization per rig (I’m an educated electrical engineer), but that cost is greater than my current mining income.

Because I am a database man, I would say that the granularity of any export could become voluminous. In my day job, I have reporting that goes by the hour, minute and then by second (I’m a transaction processor in the pre-paid industry). In mining however, I feel the granularity of hourly would suffice because difficulty dictates overall shares and shares are the only thing that matters in the end. I personally would like to see the statistics of hash rate to shares accepted by card in addition to the overall rig.

In general I am new to mining but a seasoned veteran in the IT world and have applied my skills to turning a small profit. Everyone asks what is your ROI and I simply answer what is the value of the coin. In today’s market it is very hard to turn a profit. Hell, with the 20% drop in 24 hours on 05-Sep-2018, nobody is making money.

Best of luck to you in your endeavor and search for a more reliable and robust solution. I personally like Hive and think that over time the product will evolve with a maturity level to satisfy statistical evaluations.

1 Like

Fellow Data Nerds,

I don’t see how this has not attracted more discussion. Hive OS NEEDS a export function.

3 Likes