More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Boot Screen Freeze after adding 4th GPU

Hi All,

I am building my first miner and have been adding RX 580 GPUs when I get one. When I try to add a 4th card, HiveOS freezes at [OK] Started HiveOS. Sometimes I get a Kernel panic line also. When I connect my monitor cable to the 4th card, I do get video output on my monitor while the other 3 do not have video output. I looked into changing boot settings to boot to that specific card on my Asus Z390-P, but cannot find out how.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hey, i have the same problem, please let me know if you find something

Got the same thing with 2 Radeon PRO W5700 working just fine till I’ve added Radeon PRO W5500. It freezes just about the time the boot process shall switch to higher resolution.

W5700+W5500 works.

Tried clearing OC, removing rig and setting up a new one. It crashes even during first run of clean installation. Tried that with latest beta release - same story.
To be noted - no riser used. Tested with multiple PCIe slots combinations - each gives the same result - adding 3rd card crashes navi* GPUs.

There is no issue I add (for test purposes) different AMD GPU.

Interesting thing is that the “frozen” rig is somehow on-line and present correct number of GPUs but with a generic information only (e.g. no PN). Navi* card are not mining but others are.

One more important detail - the very same setup works with TRM under Windows without any issues.

Does anyone else have such an issue?

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.