More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Black screen after boot

I am new to this and have just flashed Hiveos to an SSD. I attached it to a rig, no GPU yet, (following a video online,) and at first it showed a screen with options. Then before I could do anything the screen went black.

Since then I have been able to boot to the menu screen, and if I choose the HIveOS, it just goes black. Advanced had some boot to HIve and Linux, tried that, but it hangs on the second notification. But it doesn’t go blank.

I did test the rig out with ubuntu USB, and it ran fine with that.

I used an old drive dock to install it, and it only connects with a USB2, but I wasn’t in any rush. Though when I set it up, it had fewer files than what the video I was following on the screen had.

Small update.

I flashed the drive again, thinking that maybe the first one might have had an error. But it did the same thing.

I found I was able to run the memory check, didn’t expect how long that would take. No errors so far. But if it goes past the 2nd processor I will stop it. (I believe it found the CPU and the motherboard chipset, so shows twice as many processors as my CPU has.)

But regardless this isn’t blacking out the screen, so still not sure what’s going on.

My current mining is on Nicehash. That is just where I started out as I was testing and learning about this. I now have 7 GPU mining, and just purchased another 2.

I always knew I was going to start moving towards Hiveos. I have seen plenty of videos, and they always seem to go smoother than this. As if it is just supposed to start right up, so I wasn’t expecting the start menu or the “black screen of death”.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.