More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

BIOSTAR TZ590-BTC DUO Crypto Mining Motherboard Launched Today

Hi there, did anyone able to install more than 10 GPUs on this TZ590-BTC Duo?

All

I have two 8 GPU rigs upgraded to the TZ590-BTC MB from Z390-P. Very pleased after the first 10 days. Both rigs just came up and started mining. I did nothing in the BIOS. And so far very stable compared to Z390. For example, no shutdowns due to network broadcasts or power surges, and system comes right back after power outages and network outages.

No not yet.

That’s great news. Thanks for sharing your feedback.

I Have 11 running … and unable to get it to 12

Hey Martin, are you using 1 to 4 PCI splitters? Have you sorted out what the issue is - to 12 GPU?

I temporarily borrowed the GPU from my Gaming PC, to try 11 GPU running on this mobo, and it works fine.

Has anyone got this motherboard to work with 12 GPU?
I get 11 but it wont start the 12th. Uxing PCIe splitters but ordered m.2 to usb risers for PCIe. Links below.
2Pack NGFF M.2 to USB pcie Riser Adapter Mining Card, Adapter Card Riser molex Power Cable Adapter for BTC https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MPN9GJ5/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_B6KK7SESKQ33A7AT959E?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

PCIe 1 to 4 Riser Card, Pcie Splitter 1 to 4 PCI Riser Card, 4 Risers into 1 PCI Card, PCIe Multiplier Risers 1X to External 4 PCI-e USB3.0 Adapter for ETH Miner GPU Crypto Bitcoin Ethereum Mining Rig Amazon.com

Also, to add to this. Does anyone thing the splitters will work if I change the PCIe ports on the board to Gen 1, 2, or 3? Currently on auto.

Struggling to get 12 GPUs as well back down to 10 stable, my current setup:

With the above, i had to remove the m.2 drive i was booting from and move the OS to a Sata HDD. Windows detects all 12 GPUs but disables 4 and on bootup i get an error message in the BIOS: “PCI OUT OF RESOURCES CONDITION”, removing 2 GPUs removes the error and enables 10.

Been playing and moving things around a bit, no luck so far.

UPDATE1: Got it down to 11 GPUs and the wireless card. I think ill stop touching it now, im happy with this :slight_smile:

yes i’m using the 1x to 4x splitter in the x16 slot. was not able to get it over 11 gpu.

Same here, I’m using a 1x-to-4x splitter, also not able to have it working over 11 GPU.

Thanks for the Reply.

New Biostar model has just been released and is available through our website:

BIOSTAR TB560-BTC PRO Crypto Mining Motherboard

• Supports 11th & 10th Generation Intel Core™ Processor
  • Intel B560 single chip architecture
  • Support 2-DIMM DDR4-1866/ 2133/ 2400/ 2666/ 2800/ 2933 up to 64G maximum capacity
  • Support 11 x PCIe 3.0 slots
  • Support 1 x PCIe 4.0 slots
  • Support M.2 (6Gb/s) Connector
  • Support HDMI Connector

Has anyone got this mobo to work with 12 GPU?

Doesn’t look like it. But this new mobo will do 12 GPUs

Hello. Is it possible to connect a GPU to the full size x16 slot to game on and then connect 5 GPU via risers to the other x1 slots to mine on? Using nicehash to mine on the 5gpus while gaming is the plan. I just dont know if the gaming gpu in the full x16 slot will still get full performance and full x16 pcie lanes while the other 5 gpus are plugged in and mining.

Are you going to mine and game at the same time?

I’d like to open up this topic again please.

I am also unable to get anything more than 11 x GPU’s to read from this motherboard.

I’m using a 1x to 5x multiplier card in the x16 slot, this splitter is not the cause, as I’ve tested the rig with 5 cards in the splitter and 6 cards onboard and they all read.

Anybody out there gotten to the bottom of this?
I am running Linux/Hive from USB flash. All the M.2 lanes are open.
Would using M.2 PCIe adapters work?

Thanks

Hi bro,

It’s worth trying the m2 adapters as these are really cheap.
What 1x to 5x adapter have you tried? I usually use 1x to 4x with black board. PCIe Splitter 1 to 4 Multiplier Adapter Card - TekHouse

1 Like

Thanks bro. I am using this adapter - PCI Express to 5x PCIe over USB3.0 Multiplier Card - VER006S – hashrate

But like I said, it is not the adapter as I am able to run in an 11 card configuration with 5 of the cards going through the adapter. It is when I run 12 cards or more they do not read, and that is no matter which slots they are plugged into.