More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Bios modded my rx 580s and now get vmcontext protection fault

Bios modded my 580s and the mh are better but now the rig reboots and gives this

maybe try with another miner? if u can find it from cards section, then you can roll back to oem vbios from hive vbios collection. AMD drivers

I figured out which card it is and just went back to vbios. Could it be the overclock settings I had it set to before the mod?

might be, oc will come after bios flash. I allways have to install clean factory bios first, like roll back, with every card before installing custom timed vbios, otherwise system will give error when flashing.Hope you find your issue

It was the oc. Thanks for the feedback on both my posts. Hey while I have ya is it normal for the rig to go off for 5 min every so often? Also have you ever put in a driver for wifi?

I modded my first two 580s a week ago. They ran well in the first rig I put them in for a couple of days. I then switched him over to an AMD only rig.
I then observed the same glitch, but interestingly it would flash on the screen for maybe two seconds and then disappear and immediately show a normal hashing process stream.
From Hive OS monitoring on phone or desktop, it showed the rig hashing properly including these two cards.

Even more interesting, this seems to have gone away after 24/36 hrs…

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.