More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Best Setiings for Saphire Nitro+ RX580 4GB?

Hi guys,

please can you post your settings and Bios for your Saphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB? I have big problems with powerconsumption and i work 2 weeks at this card with no result. I really need help.

Thanks a lot.

Michael

BIOS depends on the memory type you have. With settings at Core clock 1300; Mem clock 2200 and voltage at 950 you will have them hashing around 31.5MHs on ethash. But they will spend a lot of electricity. And, not all of them will be stable at those settings, so you will have to go down on clocks…

If you want to go low power with them, I would suggest you try 1050; 2050; 850 and then try to lower voltage by 5 or 10 mV

=== GPU 1, 04:00.0 /sys/class/drm/card3 ===
Adapter 1: Device 67df
Core: 1162 MHz, Mem: 2050 MHz, CoreOD: 0, MemOD: 0, Load: 100%, Temp: 61 C, Fan: 40%
Core clocks: 300 600 900 1162
Memory Clocks: 300 2050
manual DPM 3 CORE 1162Mhz V 830 MEMSTATE 1 MEM 2050Mhz PWR 79.252 W
Try these
core 1162, Mem 2050, DPM 3, V 830, Memstate 1

@KingOfHell
Thank you for your detailed information.
I will try this.

79.252 W is reported by HiveOS?
But what does the card draw out of the wall?

@mansey
It’s power consumption of GPU core only which returned by driver. Real consumption is more greater

[quote=“mansey;5041”]@KingOfHell
I will try this.

But what does the card draw out of the wall?[/quote]

i dont really know

[quote=“mansey;5041”]@KingOfHell
I will try this.

But what does the card draw out of the wall?[/quote]

Hi… Here ± 50% more then HiveOS measure for AMD Cards … See:

@amon49

What new things do you want to tell us? The fact that for a long time everyone knows and this has been written a million times on the forum - the power consumption is indicated for AMD cards this is the GPU core consumption, the other components of the video card do not count, this info without taking into account the motherboard, processor and other peripherals.

[quote=“HaloGenius;5130”]@amon49

What new things do you want to tell us? The fact that for a long time everyone knows and this has been written a million times on the forum - the power consumption is indicated for AMD cards this is the GPU core consumption, the other components of the video card do not count, this info without taking into account the motherboard, processor and other peripherals.[/quote]

For you it is old affair, for the friend who asked is new. I just wanted to answer his question. At no time did I say that it was a defect. What’s the problem?

@Amon. Yes this info helps me a lot. Thanks!
I really thought i am crazy cause i just measure the GPU Powerconsuption (No Board just GPUs and Risers) and it differs so much to the core clock values. However 1100 to 1683 that was the difference im am intersted in.

Note that the Wattage reported by OS/Hive is also on the transformed side of your PSU. Your PSU is likely not very efficient. My PSU:s are 94% efficient at 50% load, and that is what I’ve put on them (700 Watt on a 1200 Watt server PSU). That means if Hive says 1000 Watts, you should expect 1000 / 0.94 = 1063 Watts at the wall.

If your PSU is 80% efficient at your load, expect 1000 / 0.8 = 1250 at wall.

The best settings for my RX570 Nitro+ /w Samsung, I think no differents with RX580, is only this two things: clock level 4, mem clock 2050. It gives 29,74 in linux or 30,14 in Windows 10. As a result I have power consumption 109W, cpu 1106Mhz max, fan 29-32%, temp 60’, memstate 2. I advise to try it - simple, economically and silent.

@SBR
Thanks. Your are right. I split in two smaller 80 Plus Gold and run them at 50 %. For thread readers who want more info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80

@SammoLove
Thank you i will try this.

One question about the Nitro Plus. Switch position boost or not boost?