More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Best RX 580 8 GB Ever? - Bought used - Bios modded for sure

Guys, I just bought an XFX RX 580 8GB used and look at my hashrate and consuming:

I’ve never seen an 580 soo good like this one… wtf! It has to be bios modded, right? And both ASUS and XFX are stable with this OC settings. Is it safe for a long term OC?

My rig right now, what do you guys think? Custom frame made in MDF. Spend 20$ plus my work.

Currently running 3 RX 580 8GB and 1 3060TI. Bought an MSI EVOKE RX 5700XT (I will change the thermal pads, as GamersNexus video shows that the stock ones are very small), arrives in 3 days. I’m planning to get an 2070 or another 5700XT for the last card. All cards powered by 2 RM850x and running with Noctua NT-H2 thermal paste, and well ventilated by 3 140mm 1800rpm 100cfm cooler fans. Im using 1 PCIe cable 6+2 pins for each GPU, just to be safe.

i like your setup. its pretty.
Have you tried lowering the VDD on GPU-0 and 2. My RX 570 is working with 1185 core clock and it needs 865 core voltage to run. so maybe your cards can run with 875 880. it will reduce a bit the heat and watts used if stable. Also have you tested with memory controller voltage 800? i see you havent set it. my card works with it with mem clock 2150. but yours are a bit more pumped so maybe it wont, but still you can test and see if there is any change to watts or stability.
The XFX is a beast. its quite pumped but it gets good results.

1 Like

No, I have not tried lowering the VDD yet, first I want to be sure that with this VDD the GPUs will be rock solid stable. And I will try setting the memory controller voltage to get the lowest possible stable. Also, what is the base memory controller voltage? Do you think with this overclock as it is, it’s gonna be safe for long term? The GPUs feels warm but not hot… I’m worried about mem temps only. And i’m using autofan, with min fan speed at 75%. It’s better to replace the fans instead of the card I think. I set the Target Mem Temp to 85c, but I think these GPUs (RX 580) does not have a memory temp sensor, right? So does not matter in the end… Right? Or am I wrong? Thanks for the tips.

To my opinion working on max settings is not ok, but while playing games core runs even faster and hotter. Only memory is maxed all the time while mining. on the other had you will need around 6 months to break even. I guess they wont break in that period. just keep the temp in good range like under 65-70. the rest should be ok.
My GPU is Asrock 570 but with samsung memory.
i have it set like this :

1185 core clock
865 core voltage
800 memory controller voltage
2150 memory clock
Aggressive undervolting ON
amdmemtweak --REF 20.
it takes 104 watts for 32.22 Mhs. its a power demanding beast…
but its 48C because its alone in a PC case with good fans and a 15 yeah old MOBO powering it. :smiley:

Yeah, I am a little worried because I think this is about the max overclock you can get, and I already bought this card used from another miner (XFX)… He said he used this card for about 6 months, and the only brand new card is the 3060ti (nonetheless, the other 2 RX 580 was only used to play CSGO, so I think they are fine)… I don’t know, because when you start optimizing the overclock, it’s like a drug, you don’t want to go back, lol

I saw a video from LTT where he gets a 3080 (or something like that) that was used for mining for about 2, 2.5 years and compared with a brand new one (same model), the perfomance was about the same… But you never know if it was overclocked to it’s limits, and how the owner cared about the GPU. And it was a newer card, not an old RX 580 hahahh

i think they are ok just try with core voltage if you can reduce just a bit so you can get less heat and watts used. the XFX is ok i think on the watts side and with 1250 core clock i dont think you can go under 900. the others you can test reducing with 5 each step. write down your stable settings first and then do changes :smiley:

Yeah, I will try that tomorrow!! Thanks for the time man, gl on mining!!

1 Like

I just got this config stable!! I think I can lower even more the VDD and VDDCI. I’m losing a little bit of potential MH/s, but now I can sleep at nigh without thinking i’m gonna blow my gpus hahah what do you think mate?

they look pretty well. VDDCI you cant lower under 800. so leave it. they appear pretty well. you reduced quite a lot of watts and some heat at the expense of these MHs. If you want, test with 850 VDD but if not leave it 860 is ok.

Hey mate, how you doing? my 5700xt arrived today and I bios modded her!!

What do you think? I changed the thermal pads and thermal paste of the 5700xt.

And I cant make it work with the 3060ti… I dont know what is happening, I tried every bios config possible, every hiveos config, miners, etc… The HiveOS does not even boot with the 3060ti… Tried slot changing too and nothing.

which Gens for the PCIE speed you use? very strange problem. i like what you have done with the 5700xt. its good. you might want also to search in internet or the forum for VDDCI for it. this one can be modified. just on the RX580s 800. :smiley:

i saw your replies on the other post. Yeah add 4GB ram more. look for the CPU load , if its not much you dont need new CPU. otherwise you will have to search for the same socket as the MOBO.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.