More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Autofan Min fan speed

I have a question regarding the autofan settings. I couldn’t find my answer anywhere so I decided to post here. I would appreciate any help in answering my question. I tried using autofan the other day and was confused by the min fan speed setting. I tried entering 25% and applying the settings yet my gpu’s fan speeds did not seem to listen to this minimum. They went well below 25% and in fact went to 0% at some points. It didn’t seem like they were listening to the minimum fan speed value at all. However, the target temperature settings did seem to work as my working temps shifted a little bit following turning autofan on. I haven’t messed with the max fan speed yet. I left it at 100% because I don’t want to limit my gpus in this way. I’ve tried rebooting my miner and this didn’t seem to change anything.

So, can anyone please explain what I am doing wrong or what I’m missing?

You’d be better to forget about Auto-fan. As I experienced in several rigs, it only causes to errors on driver. I suggest to specify percents for fans in Overclock tab. It is way better than automating cooling features.

I did notice the issues as well. Some of my GPUs are running just fine on the temps but when I have AutoFan on it just picks one GPU and spins fans on max for no reason. In this case, GPU 9 is on the screenshot.

Anyone can help to make AutoFan work properly? Also, this rig has 5700XT and AutoFan for 6600 and 5700 should be different. Any way to separate the setting on only manual? Hate to do manual since I’m in California and during the days it gets really hot and nights could be really cold.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.