More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Auto installation of AMD Drivers on HiveOS/Ubuntu

What kind of hardware are you running?

Please put your rig info in your next response (cpu, mb, psus, type of risers, and gpu (and bios, modded or stock).

Also, if possible, screenshots of your hiveos settings.

I tried to do the bios mod through hiveos, but it wouldn’t take.
I have another card coming. I’m going to stick with the snail shell coolers for now. At least they make temps more reasonable than trying to outthink a GPU manufacturer.

Hi. Im hoping to piggy back on this thread. Will this work for any AMD gpu, or us it only for the RX family and up? I’m having a ton of stability issues with my R9 390 rig. I’ve been getting the GPU driver error, no temps message then my miner shuts down. Most of the time only 3 of the 4 cards boot back up and I have to remot shut it down for a 120 seconds and boot it back up to get it to recognize the 4th card. I feel like it’s a driver issue, but I have no idea what driver I need. Any help would be appreciated.

Will “what” work?

If you want stability, you need to figure out why it’s unstable.

I think you should open a new thread and put your entire rig configuration in it.

We don’t know anything about your rig except that you have 4 R9 390s

I apologize for any issue I might have caused by posting here. I did start my own thread about the error I was getting with the run down of my system. However, I will give you a run down of my system.

CPU: i5 4590
MB: ASrock H81 pro R2.0
RAM: 8gb 1600
GPU: 4 R9 390
SSD: 128gb
PSU: 2 850w 80+ gold Rosewill

The error that I keep getting is GPU drivers not detected, no temps

The script has been updated to include the new drivers also

are there any plans to update to 20.04 and beyond?

1 Like

AMD drivers are in version 21-40-1 maybe they have improvements …

Hi. I would like to ask how did you connect this vent to the graphics card. I have an adapter and the same vent, but the only way I figured out is to connect at max rpm to a molex 12V. I cannot master the possibility of controlling its rotation.
Is there one board connecting the son of a grapple card to this vent?

I read what you wrote about the drivers.
Do I understand correctly that you need to install amd-gpu-pro drivers?
Thank you for applying to your advice.

was going to use this to update past what my rigs currently have, but the latest option on the list when i run it is what i’ve got. is there a way to get a version past 20.40 or is it even worth messin with?
most of my amd gpu’s are rx580’s and a few rx5700xt’s…and one v56.

Hi. I faced with this error. Please help me.

It seems like the script is not up to date, I wanted to uninstall latest AMD drivers in the stable version but uninstall script is missing

I upgrade the Hive OS by

• sudo apt update
  • sudo apt dist-upgrade

Then use the three script lines, and end up with the below error, please support

E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
dpkg-query: no packages found matching amdgpu-pro

Try amd-ocl-install instead, this method is quite dated now.

where I can find amd-ocl-instali?

It’s built in, make sure you’re on the latest stable image for best results

I can’t found

Install not instali

now card detected but no hash, how to fix?

I can’t read anything in that screenshot.

What’s the miner say?