More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Asus RX570 8GB - power/temp jump

Hello,

I am pretty new here, and I have really weird problem with my rig.
There are four RX570 card, one is Asus and other three are XFX.

I have issue with Asus card, in some point(after 6h or more) it doubles power consumption which causes temp increase, and on the end miner restart. So, I am not sure what it could be.
XFXs work without any problem.
All cards have same setup and OEM BIOS, and Samsung memory.

Thanks

What are your OC values for the Asus?

They are same for all cards.

Not sure - but if your card is getting hot quickly and consuming more power than desired - then you need to tweak your OC on the Asus card.
Also - do you have any levels set for “DPM”?
My 580 was doing the same thing until I left the DPM value at 0. My power consumption and temps went dramatically down. Maybe this can work for you.
If not then you should try and tweak the volt settings / OC settings. I suspect it may be the reason.
You can tweak the core clock as well because with certain algorithms it doesn’t add much Hash power after a certain point and it only adds heat to the GPU.
Also try turning on smart mode with your fan. I don’t think it will help much but give it a try.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for tips, I didn’t change DPM, I will try it.
Also a new riser arrived this morning, so I will change it.

And last thing, I didn’t disconnect HDMI cable from ASUS card (PCI-E 16x).

Once more,
Thanks a lot

pela imagem vc travou as fans em 67% no OC individual??

1 Like

Hi,

I managed to make it stable, just enabled ‘Aggressive undervolting’, and everything is OK for now(last 3 days).

I will try to increase the hashrate a little bit with tuning but for now this is fine

1 Like

I see the Asus is still putting in more volts but that could be because the architecture of the card causing it to do so. Glad you got it stable though. If it’s stable that’s great.

1 Like

Yes,

Probably is something with card, but really the 20w aren’t problem for me.
And related to mining, I am using bminer + binance pool.

My rx 570 asrock.

Bios modded with ubermix 3.2

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.