A week ago I completed my first rig (only AMD GPUs), it has 5x Asus Dual RX 5600 XT Evo Top and 1x MSI RX 5600 XT Gaming X. Motherboard is ASRock H110 Pro BTC+.
I’m using HiveOS and Phoenix Miner 5.5c for mining.
For the ASUS (Samsung+Micron) memory cards I use bios mods from bitbu.ru. Just changed some values:
• the minimum voltage to 700 from the MorePowerTool (pic 1)
• changed the tREF timings to 9900 from the RBE, and saved a new rom file (pic 2)
For the MSI Micron memory card, I use the mod from this Red Panda video. (https://youtu.be/7n4X3YGtNCk).
I’ve been testing a lot of clocks and voltages, but still can’t find the right solution. I thought that the rig is stable, it was stable for 24 hours and a card crashed, then 2 hours later another one crashed… and so on. Last night I even got 50 invalid shares on one of the Micron cards. This thing AMAZES me, how it’s possible after a stable 24 hours…suddenly it starts crashing cards randomly one after another. Also, as you can see on the HiveOS screenshot, I get “GPU driver error, no temps”…
About the power consumption, currently the rig drains 595 W from the wall. If we take out 50 W for the system, that leaves us at 545, which makes 90.8 W per card.
I have these questions:
- Can the problems be from the bios mods I use?
- Should I try the same overclocks with Team Red Miner?
- Can you guide me further for the oveclocks values in order to achieve a stable rig?
I’m attaching a screenshot of the current situation inside the HiveOS. Thanks a lot!
Update 2 hours later, more restarts and errors: