More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Asus rtx3080 tuf gaming oc - settings & vbios?

Hello Fellow miner,

I have 2 ASUS RTX3080 TUF GAMING OC that seem to be LHR, but i get very different performance from both of them :

I have tried multiple settings and overclocks, but nothing changes, GPU 0 is still 20 MH below GPU 1, and GPU 1 is 20MH below what other rtx3080 owners get. (I am on NBminer)

When I look in the shel it seems that GPU0 locks frequently, and its temp is 20°C over GPU1 which doesn’t lock.

Any ideas to how I could increase the hashrates on both cards, and stabilize GPU0 ?

Any firmwares I might try ?

Thanks,
H

I don’t have a 3080 (have 3080ti’s, 3090, etc…) but off hand I would say up the fan on the first one to 100%. If you see a increase in hashrate with a decrease in temp, then it’s memory throttling (because memory is too hot). Try lowering the mem clock to start, and maybe look into replacing the thermal pads on the backplate.

Start with changing to locked core clocks, 1200 to 1500 is a good place for 3080 lhrs. Increase fan to max and if unstable lower the memory oc. Trex is best for lhr at the moment, should get you 75-76mh

Thanks @mathelm, already tried putting the fan to 100% but it didn’t change anything.

I would rather not touch the thermal pads for now as the card is under guarantee, this would be my last resort :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply !

Thanks @keaton_hiveon I will try these and get back to you

Do you have any bios I could try ?
Can a gigabyte bios be flashed to an asus card as long as it is a 3080 ?

Thanks for your reply,

bios isnt your issue. how does it run with better clocks and 100% fan?

Yep tried many memory settings with trex miner, with fan @100%, it starts around 70MH and drops to 30 MH

Here are some screenshots of different overclock settings. None are stable and keep changing the MH rate.

Best results (and stable) I get are with NBminer 40.1, see below :

Any other ideas to what can be tested to improve this ?

Also I am on EtHASH ? maybe I should try a different algorithm ? @keaton_hiveon

Thanks,
HB

make sure to restart the miner after any clock changes. is your card thermal throttling? you can check by running nvidia-smi -q | egrep "Thermal Slowdown"

thanks @keaton_hiveon
Yes I do restart the miner everytime, and no the card isn’t thermal throttling.
Any other troubleshooting ideas ?

What lhr % is the miner stepping down to? Should show inside the miner after running

Here are screenshots of the miner screen:

Here is a screenshot of the flightsheet (mode 1 makes the card unstable, at least mode 2 is stableish), I put “lhr”=80 but when it starts it start at 71 for GPU 0 and 74 for GPU 0 :
Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 5.58.24 PM

@keaton_hiveon, any other insight ?
Thanks

try trex 24.8 with no extra config. 63c on core is pretty warm, i would add some fans to lower that too

How is your gpu pcie line setup, the power value is so strange, you can take out the normal one, to check again.

Try Trex:

CLOCK="1185"
MEM="2000"
FAN="0" (autofan min 65% at 45° max)
PLIMIT="250"

TREX ARGUMENT:

"worker": "%WORKER_NAME%"
"gpu-init-mode": 1
"dag-build-mode": 2
"validate-shares": false
"kernel": 4
"lhr-autotune-step-size": 0.1
"lhr-autotune-interval": 30
"lhr-autotune-mode": "full"

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.