More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Asus Motherboard and AMD GPUs

Hey guys, I am having some issues coming over from ethOS and am running out of ideas to troubleshoot this issue.

Recently just installed my farm and GPU rig and seems the Asus Prime Z270-A will only read 4 GPUs. I have tested each riser, cable, and card plugged into 0 and confirmed operation inside and outside of the Hive OS.

However, when I add them all to the board, I can only get 4. I have verified bios is current but other than saying the Motherboard is messed up I am at a loss.

I have confirmed the settings to ensure everything is Gen 2 etc as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4g encoding enabled? All other mining optimized bios settings changed?

Yes, I had factory reset the Motherboard and reconfigured all the PCI to Gen 2, Enabled 4g encoding, disabled on board audio and other stuff outline for the motherboard.

Just puzzles me and I don’t have a spare board to test.

Thanks. B460M Steel Legend. I think it was the fan I was (barely) hearing with the ASUS. Definitely don’t hear it with the Rock. The Rock’s BIOS is not something I’ve delved into yet. I know there’s a CSM category but whether it’s enabled, disabled or greyed out, I don’t know (nor care, really!). My CPU is still the Core i5 10400 10th gen. ryzen 9 5950x

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.