More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Asus B250 Mining Expert - Mining with 15 cards and more

hi,

For reply to users of Asus B250 Mining expert who use more than 14 cards

My rig : 8x zotac 1660ti amp edition (32MH/S) / 2x gigabyte 1660ti oc 31MH/S)/ 2x sapphire RX580 nitro+ 32MH/S) / 2x gigabyte RX580 31MH/S) / 1x Aorus rtx 2080ti xtrem 60MH/S) / 3x chieftronic power play 1050W 80 PLUS Platinum/ 2x8Go RAM DDR4 2400MHz / phoenixminer / ETH coin mining Average hashrate : 500MH/s

i suggest to you to read the manual all it’s write , i have this motherboard and it’s working very well. i don’t have19 GPU but 15 GPU, i explain why later i don’t have more

check the manual here :
B250_MINING_EXPERT_UM_V2_WEB

Asus explain 3 differents cases with 3 differents methods for connecting power supply to motherboard
1 - 7 cards or less
2 - 13 cards
3 - 19 cards

i’m in the number 3 with 15 cards, so i don"t test the 1 or 2 but look the manual because there are differences and you can’t close your eyes on it!

Check if you have connected the 3 connectors AUXPWR as the manual say for the consumption balance
it’s important to understand the 3 areas content : EAXPWR1 EAXPWR2 EAXPWR3 with AUXPWR1 AUXPWR2 AUXPWR3
EAXPWR1 is the master power supply and you must connected the AUXPWR1 AUXPWR2 AUXPWR3 to it with the cable 3x mollex 4pins + 6pins to powersupply connector 6pins

For understand the pcie area, you have 3 parts : A01…pcie x16 A1…A06 / B01…B06 / C01…C06, it’s important to know the A01…A06 area must be connected to EAXPWR1 and you can’t add any cards of others areas to it !
the area of B connected to EAXPWR2
The area of C to EAXPWR3

if you have AMD cards you must use Windows for install the AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.2 driver or later
If you have AMD and NVIDIA cards Mix connect to the pcie x1 in this order : A1 nvidia / A2 AMD / A3 nvidia …
You must too change the size of the virtual memory paging file to 30GB in Windows

Now, i explain why it’s impossible for me to have 19 cards, it’s logical

1 - impossible to connect a cards in the pcie x16 A1 or say to me how you can have risers in the A04 A05 A06 slots because the card hide its or there is a maxi slim cards in this world !
2- not enough pcie connectors on my EAXPWR1 for 2 reasons : CPU connector take one place (19…18 cards) , the rtx2080ti take 2x 8pins connectors (18…17 cards) and sapphire RX580 take 2x 8pins too (17 …15 cards), for add more cards, only powersupply with 10 or more pcie connector can work for a fully rig, be careful to looking for it before buying !

i think it’s not for the fun if Asus wrote a technical manual and if you don’t understand the technical documentation, the base of electricity, the base of overclocking, the base of cooling, go to cloud mining, go to do different things or take the time you need seriously to learn and apply this technics. for a crypto network with good miners and more efficience !

see you and good mining

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.