More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4 automatically enables 4G encoding when 3rd Card is detected

I’ve built a rig with a ASRock Z590 that came as a combo from newegg. Currently it’s mining with a 2080ti and 2080S. In order to mine with the second card I had to disable 4G encoding as it’s on by default. All my other motherboards have 4G encoding enabled in order to recognize multiple cards. I want to add 5 more 1070 cards but the moment I add the 3rd card 4G encoding automatically enables itself in the bios when it boots. I’ve been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. I’ve trying adding a 2xPCIE 6 way splitter without any luck. The cards will recognize but unable to mine with. I’ve never buying a ASRock board again. I have it now so I’m hoping to get it going. I’ve tryied updating the bios but it won’t update.

Hi There,

Did you manage to get it working?
I’ve got a ASRock z590 Pro4 and experiencing the same thing. 3rd riser with GPU automatically enables 4g decoding, which results in the x16 pcie slot mining only.