More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4 automatically enables 4G encoding when 3rd Card is detected

I’ve built a rig with a ASRock Z590 that came as a combo from newegg. Currently it’s mining with a 2080ti and 2080S. In order to mine with the second card I had to disable 4G encoding as it’s on by default. All my other motherboards have 4G encoding enabled in order to recognize multiple cards. I want to add 5 more 1070 cards but the moment I add the 3rd card 4G encoding automatically enables itself in the bios when it boots. I’ve been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. I’ve trying adding a 2xPCIE 6 way splitter without any luck. The cards will recognize but unable to mine with. I’ve never buying a ASRock board again. I have it now so I’m hoping to get it going. I’ve tryied updating the bios but it won’t update.

Hi There,

Did you manage to get it working?
I’ve got a ASRock z590 Pro4 and experiencing the same thing. 3rd riser with GPU automatically enables 4g decoding, which results in the x16 pcie slot mining only.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.