More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Asrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4

Hello,

I have been able to get 4 GPUs on the Asrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 mobo. I know someone out there will be like, “oh yea, well I got 12 GPUs …” well this isn’t for you my friend. I’ve picked up this mobo a few months back while it was on sale and decided to make a rig with it. It has 4 PCIe slots and 2 M.2 slots. The point is, I’ve tried many things to get that 4th GPU to mine on this mobo. Nothing was working.

I had 3 GPUs plugged in and it would work just fine, for the most part. Plug in that 4th one and the she stops in her tracks.

If you are having that same problem, I will share with you what I did to resolve the issue.

Below was the number one recommendation:
1) turn off CSM in bios/ueif
enable above 4g encoding
enable BAR memory
This 100% worked, if my goal was to for the system to not POST. So yea, this didn’t work.

My solution, at least in my mind ( meaning, I’m new to this and said recommendation may not have been the actual solution) was to manually configure the settings to have 4 columns. (Clicking the “all” button.) After I plugged in the 4th column, it booted to the OS. Now, the boot up isn’t pretty as it takes almost 20 minutes to boot. Does anyone know why?

It takes about 4 power cycles to get all 4 GPUs mining as seen below. This morning when I woke up, I noticed a miner went offline in the middle of the night. Naturally, I shut the miner down and rebooted the system. It took 4 attempts before the system finally booted. If you know why or have a work around, please let me know. If I figure out a solution, I’ll be sure to share.
FYI, It took me an hour and ten minutes to get the system running as seen in the screen shot. That is, 4 attempts to boot and the last one working as intended.

If you are using HiveOS with a ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4, please let me know. I am interested is seeing what your setup looks like and if you have had any of these same issues.

Also, my CPU is way way overkill for this, but I already had it. Therefore, it was cheaper than buying a new one. If I need this CPU for a build, I’ll buy the cheaper CPU and swap them out.

Thoughts? Countermeasures anyone?

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.