More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Asrock B450 Steel Legend MoBo setting for using 16X slot with 1X GPU riser card

Hello. I am mining on Asrock B450 Steel Legend with Rizen 3 2200G. My problem is when I put 1X riser card (V009S) in first 16X slot, it won’t boot. All other 5 slots work fine with riser. What is the necessary setting in BIOS for above issue? Also, is there any setting in MoBo BIOS for getting display on iGPU (HDMI port on MoBo)? I can see only up to grub, after that there is blank screen.

Update: Upgraded mobo bios which gave option to choose Gen setting for 16x slot, which was not there in earlier bios version. Changed setting to Gen 2 and first issue is resolved. Now looking for monitor issue.

What bios version have u updated to? I am facing a similar issue, if I add any extra riser other than a gpu in 16x. There is no boot.

Stock version was 3.40, flashed to latest 4.20. Make sure that your machine is backed up by UPS / inverter. Follow the guidelines from website download page. Also, this mobo’s having shared lanes for m.2, if m.2 first slot is used then pcie 4x is disabled.

No matter what I do. My cards doesn’t mine. I updated the bios version to 4.20. Using ryzen 5 3500x. Updated the drivers to 365.31. Trying a 1660 ti first. But as soon as I start mining I start getting

Also the temps ll stop showing for gpus.

Have enabled 4g, pcie 16x speed to gen2 but none of the pcie slots are working for me.
Using a 750 W Psu now.
Please help. Are there anymore settings to be done in bios?

Also u might have read by now that there is no onboard graphic support for b450 so u won’t get any video out of on board Hdmi. Ur 2nd issue

Sir I am also having a hard time, already did Update the bios, enable 4G decoding, PCI lane to gen2, it reboot when it start to mine, and PC wont post

I having the same problem for quite sometime after I upgrade to this motherboard… Just follow what they told…
Upgrade na Bios to 4.2, Disable CSM, Enable Above 4G Decoding, PCIe 16X to gen2, disbale audio and other uneccesary built in like PS2, are u adding another rig…, i solve mine to reflash new hiveos and flight sheet…

did u find a way to monitor issue, i plug the monitor to motherboard…, HiveOS start menu showing up but during mining monitor went blank, but its mining i can see it in Hive Shell,

It seems monitor works only with GPU fixed on 16X slot. Yes, it shows only up to grub screen, then blank. There is no issue with mobo video output, as when I start machine in windows ( I have made it dual boot for trouble shooting the hardware which is easier in windows at least for me as I am not Linux guy) mobo gives perfect video output.

Could you solve the problem? It might help others. I have strong feeling that you should flash USB with latest version & try, it seems driver issues for sure. Start the machine with without GPU drivers loaded (maintenance mode in settings), then update nvidia drivers in shell.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.