More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

ASIC Hub install on RPi 2 OK, but then errors after Farm Hash input

Hello -

First, thank you for making ASIC Hub, I think it will come in handy for my monitoring.

I’ve got an RPi 2 that was doing nothing, so I thought I’d set it up for ASIC Hub. I flashed a new SD card, so the latest OS from RPi Imager. Once booted I was in the terminal and was able to run the “simple install command” found here: Step 1 - ASIC Hub installation on Linux

Install looks like it went fine. On a different computer I can nagivate to the RPi ip address:8800. I set the ASIC Hub web page to input the farm hash. Once that is done, I get a ‘success’ message and when I click the “Go To Devices” button the web page returns that the site can’t be reached.

I can uninstall and reinstall and I get the same issue each time.

When I do a status check I get the following:

redacted:~ $ systemctl status asic-hub
● asic-hub.service - ASIC Hub monitoring daemon.
     Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/asic-hub.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2024-03-25 17:03:50 EDT; 3s ago
    Process: 3517 ExecStart=/opt/asic-hub/hub -c /etc/asic-hub/config.toml (code=exited, status=2)
   Main PID: 3517 (code=exited, status=2)
        CPU: 229ms

Any guidance on what I can try next to resolve this?

I don’t know if it matters, but I’ll add that the RPi 2 that I’m using is in an assembly with an SSD. The boot device though for the Pi is the SD card, not the SSD. The SSD is mounted at sda.

I’m wondering if maybe there is an error activating because I’ve not set up any funds yet in my account.

Which Linux 32-bit or 64-bit installed on your RPi 2?
AFAIK 32-bit no longer supported maybe it’s source of your problem

1 Like

Gain some insight here.

It may be I have a RPi 3, not 2. When I run ‘cat /proc/cpuinfo’ I see the line:

Model : Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2

However I also read that there were some RPi 2 models that used the same processor as the RPi3, which means it could take the 64 bit system instead of 32 bit system. Right now I have the 32 bit system installed.

All that being said, I’ll see if I can install the 64 bit system. Also, I think we need clarification if this would run on a 32 bit or not as I saw elsewhere that ASIC Hub should be OK on 32 bit. If not, then I’d say the installer should check and fail to make it clear, if that is possible.

Update:

It turns out I indeed have a RPi 3 Model B board. I’ve redid all the OS work and I’m now on 64 bit OS AND ASIC Hub is running! Wahoo! I registered my first device on it.

With that, I’d say maybe the issue was 32-bit vs 64-bit OS. Otherwise everything was the same.
Thank you for the forum and asked questions @HaloGenius as it was the inspiration I needed to double check.

1 Like

And to put the final nail in this. As I was reviewing a couple videos on ASIC Hub, I see that Hiveon replied to a comment indicating the following:

Tested on Raspberry Pi 4, but it will should work on a third one, as long as the architecture is armv7l or aarch64.

Well now it’s will look tested on RPi 3 Model B :smiley: