More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Anyone Know about Wall Watt Meters?

I have a kill-a-watt wall meter to monitor my power usage. Was wondering if there was other ones that I could also connect to a PC/wifi/network and see the data digitally, maybe even have a few time history graphs to look at. And the best would be to feed all that into HiveOS so I can calculate my real cost of the rig without having to bend my lazy butt down the ground and look at it.

Barring that Im not afraid of a raspberry pi build, but I am incredibly lazy. I would need to by a few parts to make my own digital meter for up to 1800watts and 15amps so i can connect it to the pi. Probably would be much more bulky than I’d like as well.

I have a few running, Eve branded, units for my 110v connections. I had them for other small appliance uses. I do like them for quick checks and power on/off from anywhere, but have not found solid way to get power consumption reports.

Toying with the Emporia Smart Home monitor, we’ll see over the next month.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.